First flight of H501S and first video!

AYankInSussex

First flight of H501S and first video!

Post by AYankInSussex » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:38 am

It was a bit windy on a beautiful summer day in southern England. I received my new H501S just the previous day, and we took it out to a local pasture land. I twas bit worried that the wind was rather strong and gusty -- due especially to the channeling effect of a wide gully -- but the drone weathered it well! I'm going to be using this drone to get aerial footage for my new YouTube channel, A Yank In Sussex, but this flight and video was just a test. I've never flown such a drone before and was unsure of what to expect. I love my new Hubsan!

Not entirely sure how to post the video, so here goes...

Hubsan-Ailsa

Re: First flight of H501S and first video!

Post by Hubsan-Ailsa » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:33 am

wow,so charming is it!

tensman1

Post by tensman1 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:47 pm

Quite the accent you got there, Yank! Ha! Just kidding - BTW, are you sure you don't have the H501ss? Just found out myself that I have the SS instead of the S, not that it matters unless you need replacement parts.
As you know, you'll get much better video on wind-free days...minimal, if any, jello, jerky horizons, etc. Check some of mine in the video section and welcome to the Hubsan H501 group. I think it's a great drone for aerial photography on a budget! I am TENSMAN1.

AYankInSussex

Post by AYankInSussex » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:38 am

tensman1 wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:47 pm
Quite the accent you got there, Yank! Ha! Just kidding - BTW, are you sure you don't have the H501ss? Just found out myself that I have the SS instead of the S, not that it matters unless you need replacement parts.
As you know, you'll get much better video on wind-free days...minimal, if any, jello, jerky horizons, etc. Check some of mine in the video section and welcome to the Hubsan H501 group. I think it's a great drone for aerial photography on a budget! I am TENSMAN1.
Yes, it's a fine accent, isn't it? :-) I just realized that you might be in Tennessee, based on your photos, so my fine West Coast/California accent is what you mean, rather than my American accent! I am very recognizable around here in the UK! I lived in the UK for a couple of years as a teenager (when my Dad was here as a representative for his company), and fell in love with the place. And since late in life (I'm in my late 60's now) I fell in love with and married a lovely British lady, here I am again!

Not sure how to tell if I have the SS. The box it came in says H501S.

It's usually fairly windy there over those hills (the same hills that the White Cliffs of Dover are part of), so not sure when I'll find it windless. I am hoping to get some aerial views of a local ruined castle later this week, and the wind may not be so bad there.

I had a look at some of your photos -- very nice! I liked the power plant photo!

AYankInSussex

Post by AYankInSussex » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:32 pm

tensman1 wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:47 pm
Thanks for the suggestion! I did check closer and yes, I do have the H501SS.