Suggestions On Inexpensive Trial Drone Before Flying ZINO

Thaum

Suggestions On Inexpensive Trial Drone Before Flying ZINO

Post by Thaum » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:33 pm

I have never flown a drone before. I bought a Zino here (although I have not received it yet). I was told by an acquaintance that I should probably practice with an inexpensive drone first, before trying out the Zino.

What suggestions do you all have for an intro drone that will provide a similar feeling of flying an FPV (first-person view) drone such as the Zino? Preferably one that has a decent about of fly time per charge, but still not too expensive, since it is just meant for me to get experience with.

Thanks!

stargazer

Re: Suggestions On Inexpensive Trial Drone Before Flying ZINO

Post by stargazer » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:29 am

Im no expert as Im only a day old flyer but the H501S seems to be pretty easy to operate and doesnt cost much. I am a bit disappointed in the battery life though (which is probably typical) but not sure how you get around that without buying something different.

PeaUK

Post by PeaUK » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:04 pm

I would suggest another drone that operates with the same phone app. H507A is quite cheap but it's battery life is quite short. I have a H216A, that used to work really nicely until it developed a fault.
Pea
(YouTube: Pea's Kites & Drones)

justjarhead

Post by justjarhead » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:04 am

What price range are you looking at for the practice drone. Hubsan has many orions and it is hard to give advice without a budget number. Because of the Zino capabilities I would suggest one with GPS flight , Orbit, Follow me and RTH features so that you experience What the ZINO does.

ArmyVet

Post by ArmyVet » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:06 pm

I have no issue with a practice drone. But here is my experience.
I flew old RC airplanes before. So the controller was not a foreign object to me.
Having said that, I tried a tiny mini quad first. Fit in my hand. Phewwwwww. Not that easy but I got there finally.
And it was almost impossible to destroy.
Then bought a larger quad about 12 inches across. Found this to be so much easier to fly immediately!
Finally bought a DJI Phantom with GPS etc.

WHOAH! Amazing. Very forgiving. You start to mess up...........LEt GO! Like night and day.
My point is, I think you can start with an expensive GPS quad. As long as you do your homework. Do not get fancy and be out in the open. Alone, except for have a spotter with you.
Good luck and have fun!