New 501A, compass firmware issues

DanKnoch

New 501A, compass firmware issues

Post by DanKnoch » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:49 pm

Hello.

I recently got an H501A. I went onto the computer and plugged it in to see the latest software but forgot to plug the battery in which resulted in lots of blinking and beeping until I loaded new FC firmware.

Having loaded the most recent FC and RX firmware, I ran into issues with the compass calibration. It would not request calibration upon start up, but would whenever I set the quad down. Also, if I flew the quad and landed in my driveway, as soon as I would disable the motors, it would require compass calibration again. If I set it down extremely soft, it would not request calibration. If I grabbed it out of the air and set it down very gently it would not request calibration.

I changed the FC firmware to 1.1.41 since that was what I had stored on my computer for my H501S. Afterward, it SEEMS to be functioning well. Calibrate the compass once before flight and I can land and take off as much as I wish without having to recalibrate it. All functions SEEM to be working and the heading appears accurate on the h906a transmitter.

Does anybody forsee any issues with the mismatched software? Should I be running the lasting firmware despite the issues given the possibility of having a newer compass? Any help or ideas are appreciated. I don't want to risk damage to the quad or more importantly someone else's property due to a flyaway.

Thank You,
Dan