Heavy flickering in my advanced remote

JuanLemoine

Heavy flickering in my advanced remote

Post by JuanLemoine » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:51 am

Hello.

I bought a Hubsan H501S the one that comes with the advanced or professional remote but the screen flickers all the time. I tried all frequencies but problem remains. Is this a quality issue? or I am missing something?

Thank you

justjarhead

Re: Heavy flickering in my advanced remote

Post by justjarhead » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:25 am

Pst a video of what you are seeing.

Knimrod

Post by Knimrod » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:53 pm

Had a similar problem with a new H906A Tx.. I flew with it anyway and while in a hover, I looked down at screen and it was blank. a second or two after that, I noticed the LED on Tx was out and had no control of quad.. it was just sitting there hovering. I recycled power and LED came on but display still black but was able to land before LED went out again. After that, I was never able to get display to work and leaving power on would pull the LiPo Tx battery down fast and shut the Tx off. Moral: You probably shouldn't fly it like that or risk losing control of drone. I was lucky it was close when it happened.

yosemitesam

Post by yosemitesam » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:15 pm

I found the sma to fl connector wire inside my 906a was shorted out from factory due to excessive heat used during manufacturing process.I verified this by unplugging wire and using an ohm meter to check center pin to shield continuity , which should of course be zero.Mine was a direct short which was causing various issues with my fpv.I found an after market supplier for a replacement which cleared up my fpv issues.