Hubsan X4 Desire Pro H216A Motor Fault (fixed then another motor dies) hubsan please reply

clustermarc

Hubsan X4 Desire Pro H216A Motor Fault (fixed then another motor dies) hubsan please reply

Post by clustermarc » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:42 pm

Hello everyone, this is just a quick video showing the fault i have with my Hubsan H216A X4 Deire Pro.

I am pretty sure the issue is down to a faulty motor but it may also be sencor related too. but im sure one of the tech people on here will know for sure???

The video shows and tell the info but if you need more just ask.. :)

Once i find the fault and go to he repairs and fix the drone i will do it all on video to show you all as well..

Happy RC-ING All :D
Last edited by clustermarc on Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hubsan Quadcopters In My Collection So Far:
Hubsan X4 Desire Pro H216A
Hubsan X4 H107C (a few of them)
Hubsan Q4 Nano H111

My Youtube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9nFqm ... GWmyLnCQ5w

justjarhead

Re: Hubsan X4 Desire Pro H216A Motor Or Sensor Fault (heres the video)

Post by justjarhead » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:01 pm

I saw on your phone a sensor error. I doubt it is the motor since it does wind up.

I would send your video to service@hubsan.com

Could be gyro error.

Redo all calibrations to see if error goes away.

clustermarc

Post by clustermarc » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:43 am

justjarhead wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:01 pm
I saw on your phone a sensor error. I doubt it is the motor since it does wind up.

I would send your video to service@hubsan.com

Could be gyro error.

Redo all calibrations to see if error goes away.
Hello thanks for the reply, yeah I calibrated everything a handful of times, although the motor ended up started in the video after a while, after that flight that motor stopped working after and would not start again, I'm 90% sure its the motor and have ordered some more, so I guess I'll soon find out for sure..

From day one from buying the drone new I noticed that the same motor that's playing up in the video seemed to spin at a lower rpm then the other 3 so maybe I got a slightly defective motor from the start and it's finally given up after around 35 flights.

Such a shame though its a very good drone, lol well as long as its not a faulty motherboard..

ATB Marc
Hubsan Q4 Nano H111

My Youtube Channel:

loliveir

Post by loliveir » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:19 am

I have the same problem with one of my motor. I used for 2 days and one B stopped work. How did you fix ? :oops: :oops: :( :(

My son is very sad as we just fly for two days with it. I really like the commands but this is frustrating.

clustermarc

Post by clustermarc » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:11 am

loliveir wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:19 am
I have the same problem with one of my motor. I used for 2 days and one B stopped work. How did you fix ? :oops: :oops: :( :(

My son is very sad as we just fly for two days with it. I really like the commands but this is frustrating.
Hello, I have not fixed it yet as I only made the video yesterday..
But I have ordered some new motors and as soon as they come I will attempt to fix the drone, I will do it on video and post it here too. 👍

ATB Marc
Hubsan Q4 Nano H111

My Youtube Channel:

1534184474247qu

Post by 1534184474247qu » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:04 pm

The same thing happened to me 6 days after the first flight.

I found that the motor wouldn't start on it's own but if I give the prop a spin the motor would then kick in.

My "temporary" solution:
I took apart the prop that was not working and lightly taped it with a hard surface. As well as wiggled the motor shaft attached to the small gear. This seemed to make the motor start on its own more often.

My long term solution:
I think I am going to order a few replacement motors

clustermarc

Post by clustermarc » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:03 am

1534184474247qu wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:04 pm
The same thing happened to me 6 days after the first flight.

I found that the motor wouldn't start on it's own but if I give the prop a spin the motor would then kick in.

My "temporary" solution:
I took apart the prop that was not working and lightly taped it with a hard surface. As well as wiggled the motor shaft attached to the small gear. This seemed to make the motor start on its own more often.

My long term solution:
I think I am going to order a few replacement motors
Hello, sorry to hear your having the same issue too, not good that's its happened so early too.. Its quite funny though that it's the same motor on both our drones, let's hope is is a motor issue and not the gyro..

I've got new motors on the way so when they arrive in about a week I'll fit the new motor, to fit the motor you need to desolder the wires from the motherboard then solder the new one on, I'll be doing a video showing this, fingers crossed that will then sort the issue..

Happy rc-ing.
Hubsan Q4 Nano H111

My Youtube Channel:

clustermarc

Post by clustermarc » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:07 pm

Hi all, The replacement motors are here so when I get the spare time I will install them and do a proper how to video showing others that have the same issue, how to do it and remove and replace the motors etc...
Happy rc-ing all.
Hubsan Q4 Nano H111

My Youtube Channel:

clustermarc

Re: Hubsan X4 Desire Pro H216A Motor Fault (fixed then another motor dies)

Post by clustermarc » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:02 pm

Wow really! I'm not going to lie, my faith in hubsan drones is starting to fade a bit.. So after around 35 flights I had the rear left motor fail, so I buy a new motor set and install a new rear left motor.. The installation went well and was easy, I took it in my back garden for a 5 minute test flight and all seemed fine..

Then today I took the drone out for a proper fly and the front right motor decided to give up and due, this is crazy, for a £100 drone these don't seem very reliable do they.. I know the motors for these drones are a little undersized to be honest but still you would think they would last longer then this, I know not all of the h216a drones are dieing as fast as mine but we are all seeing a good few of them are.. And for two of my motors to die in under 37 flights within a week of each other there is definitely something not right..

I do have another motor so I will fit that tomorrow, but I'm now in two minds about even keeping the thing, do I fix it! Then just sell it dirt cheap as it could be a temperamental drone, or do I keep it and see how long it lasts. But I don't want a drone I have to keep throwing money away on. I paid £90 - £100 for the drone, £20 for extra batteries, £5 for landing legs, and £10 for spare motors.. How much more is this drone going to cost me.. So should I keep it or just count my losses now and get rid of it?

I have had 4 hubsan 107c quads, two faulty from new one with short range and one set on fire as it had a faulty motherboard FET. The other two I have are fine..

I was going yo buy the hubsan jet next, but now I'm in two minds and put off to be honest.
Hubsan Q4 Nano H111

My Youtube Channel:

1534184474247qu

Re: Hubsan X4 Desire Pro H216A Motor Fault (fixed then another motor dies) hubsan please reply

Post by 1534184474247qu » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:37 pm

The exact same thing happened to me. I replaced the left rear motor and on the first test flight the right front motor also stopped working.