Ailsa/Hubsan Warranty/Do I have one

BobDrev

Ailsa/Hubsan Warranty/Do I have one

Post by BobDrev » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:43 am

Thank you Ailsa for your response to my posts about my FPV problem and problems with GearBest. I have not replaced the antenna in drone. I don't even know where one would acquire parts for my Hubsan H501ss. Could this likely be the problem? A member on a forum called Quad Copter Forum suggested it could be the VTX (video transmitter). Is this a possibility?

Now to the real problem. Do I have a warranty on a drone I purchased from an authorized vendor of Hubsan products on 6-15-18 and receive on 6-22-18 that told me it was not under warranty now because I used it for one week before the FPV went out? I purchased a Hubsan product in good faith and am now stuck with a drone that does not work. I joined the Hubsan forum hoping I would be given a solution to this problem but so far there has been no suggestion from Hubsan that they would honor any warranty and repair this product. Without a back and forth between you and I, will Hubsan repair this drone or not? Because GearBest would not honor warranty, I replaced both antennas on controller as virtually everyone who owns a standard controller for this drone does hoping it would help. It did not. Will this now be the excuse by Hubsan to not repair drone under warranty because I altered the product? If this is the case, please let me know now. I have began a campaign to warn others to be very wary when purchasing from GearBest as they will not help if you have a problem. I have posted my experience with GearBest on several review sites and forums. I don't want to began a campaign against Hubsan warning potential customers they may be on their own if they have a problem. I really feel the H501ss could be a wonderful upper end, entry level drone but not if it does not work and certainly not if one can't get any support from manufacturer. I look forward to your solution to this problem.

justjarhead

Re: Ailsa/Hubsan Warranty/Do I have one

Post by justjarhead » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:57 pm

Bob you have a 1 year warranty on the H501S from date of purchase as long as no modifications have been made to it. You need to get Warranty Authorization from Hubsan before sending it in. Best to call for this.

You pay to ship it to them and to ship it back. Normally it is required to send the Drone in to get any parts on warranty.

To send in you will need proof of purchase, description of problem and as I said warranty authorization to ship it to them.

If they find nothing wrong with the product you will be charged a $30USD diagnostic fee.

Good luck Sir.

Hubsan-Anne

Post by Hubsan-Anne » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:39 pm

BobDrev wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:43 am
Thank you Ailsa for your response to my posts about my FPV problem and problems with GearBest. I have not replaced the antenna in drone. I don't even know where one would acquire parts for my Hubsan H501ss. Could this likely be the problem? A member on a forum called Quad Copter Forum suggested it could be the VTX (video transmitter). Is this a possibility?

Now to the real problem. Do I have a warranty on a drone I purchased from an authorized vendor of Hubsan products on 6-15-18 and receive on 6-22-18 that told me it was not under warranty now because I used it for one week before the FPV went out? I purchased a Hubsan product in good faith and am now stuck with a drone that does not work. I joined the Hubsan forum hoping I would be given a solution to this problem but so far there has been no suggestion from Hubsan that they would honor any warranty and repair this product. Without a back and forth between you and I, will Hubsan repair this drone or not? Because GearBest would not honor warranty, I replaced both antennas on controller as virtually everyone who owns a standard controller for this drone does hoping it would help. It did not. Will this now be the excuse by Hubsan to not repair drone under warranty because I altered the product? If this is the case, please let me know now. I have began a campaign to warn others to be very wary when purchasing from GearBest as they will not help if you have a problem. I have posted my experience with GearBest on several review sites and forums. I don't want to began a campaign against Hubsan warning potential customers they may be on their own if they have a problem. I really feel the H501ss could be a wonderful upper end, entry level drone but not if it does not work and certainly not if one can't get any support from manufacturer. I look forward to your solution to this problem.
The above response is our repair protocol. Depending on what we find on the aircraft, we will sort it into either warranty or general repair. The latter of course will incur repair fees ($30USD inspection+parts needed in repair, if any+shipping). If the aircraft is modified, tampered with, or nonproblematic to begin with it will be considered a general repair. If we find that defect caused the issue, the aircraft repair will be done under warranty.

BigBird

Post by BigBird » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:42 am

Hello friend,
under EU Law if the item is faulty its not up to you to prove this but the seller to prove there wasn't a problem within a reasonable period of time, the first 6 months.
Be careful of what Ailsa tells you as I think Hubsan customer service is rubbish, they tell you to try different things and then if you send it back they say you have changed the original spec.

Why they cant treat people as they would treat themselves I don't know but this type of support doesn't make repeat purchase...

Good luck...

justjarhead

Post by justjarhead » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:49 am

And the FPV/warranty saga goes on. Because Bob tried new antennas on his transmitter and installed prop guards on his H501S-S his warranty is voided. Who would think that prop guards would void the drone warranty.

justjarhead

Post by justjarhead » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:55 am

Very well stated BigBird!
BigBird wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:42 am
Hello friend,
under EU Law if the item is faulty its not up to you to prove this but the seller to prove there wasn't a problem within a reasonable period of time, the first 6 months.
Be careful of what Ailsa tells you as I think Hubsan customer service is rubbish, they tell you to try different things and then if you send it back they say you have changed the original spec.

Why they cant treat people as they would treat themselves I don't know but this type of support doesn't make repeat purchase...

Good luck...

Hubsan-Ailsa

Post by Hubsan-Ailsa » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:26 am

Dear friend-Bigbird ,

For the description that telling you different things and then if you send it back they say you have changed the original spec.

May I know what's the issue of your drone?I am confused that what different things we told you?

W95

Post by W95 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:36 pm

Hubsan:
May we know in general if there are any restrictions or limitations in warranty or technical support if a quadcopter, drone, etc. is purchased from ebay, Amazon, gearbest, banggood, or other sources as long they are sold by reputable sellers and in new condition. I'm trying to determine if it is best to buy direct from Hubsan or even HubsanUS vs the other sources listed or maybe even others, or if it matters at all. Technical support and warranty are important to me. Thanks in advance.

justjarhead

Post by justjarhead » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:01 pm

They honor warranty is you buy from eBay, Amazon etc.
HubsanUS is not Hubsan. It is just a reseller using hubsan name.

If you buy from a distributor Hubsan tries to have you resolve your issues thru the distributor and not them. Only if you worked with distributor does Hubsan get involved.

To be honest, it is very difficult and expensive to get Hubsan to honor their warranty. For warranty issue you pick up the cost to ship defective product to them and from them. Since honoring the warranty is at Hubsan discretion they can also sock you with a $30 diagnosis fee.

If you read some posts searching for the word Warranty you will see plenty of problem owners are having with the warranty.

If I had it to do over, I would not go with Hubsan but instead with Holystone.

W95

Post by W95 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:41 pm

Thanks justjarhead. I was interested in Hubsan since I was under the impression they offer a lot of bang for the buck. I thought it pretty intriguing, for example, when I learned the 502E could be had for about $50 USD and has GPS and watched several favorable reviews on youtube on the 502E, 502S and 501S you and I have discussed before. However, like I said, warranty and customer support are important to me too. I was not aware of HolyStone. I found their website and will check out their options now too. Thanks again.