H501A Modding tool & parameter list?

justjarhead

H501A Modding tool & parameter list?

Post by justjarhead » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:27 pm

I see that a modding tool exists for the H501S and am wondering if the same tool can be used for the H501A to adjust fence settings and other parameters at my own risk?

Is there a list of the parameters and what the values mean?

Thanks In Advance.

Hubsan-Ailsa

Re: H501A Modding tool & parameter list?

Post by Hubsan-Ailsa » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:39 pm

Sorry we do not recommend modification ,Any modification will not covered by the warranty.thanks.

justjarhead

Post by justjarhead » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:53 am

Hubsan-Ailsa wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:39 pm
Sorry we do not recommend modification ,Any modification will not covered by the warranty.thanks.
I fully understand your statement and I said I would modify them at my own risk but I need to know what the values represent. To blindly modify parameters would be foolish. I want to decrease the max fence distance but need to know what that parameter means amongst others. I really would like to get more speed out of the drone. I feel like I am flying a slow lumbering craft. :o :oops: :roll:

If you don't support modding the parameters, why is the tool up on the web site along with firmware changes?

Last night out where I fly a fellow drone enthusiast was flying a Mavic Pro. All I can say is wow at how it flies in comparison to my H501A doing toilet bowls. :cry: :roll:

justjarhead

Post by justjarhead » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:05 am

justjarhead wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:53 am
Hubsan-Ailsa wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:39 pm
I fully understand your statement and I said I would modify them at my own risk but I need to know what the values represent. To blindly modify parameters would be foolish. I want to decrease the max fence distance but need to know what that parameter means amongst others. I really would like to get more speed out of the drone. I feel like I am flying a slow lumbering craft. :o :oops: :roll:

If you don't support modding the parameters, why is the tool up on the web site along with firmware changes?

Last night out where I fly a fellow drone enthusiast was flying a Mavic Pro. All I can say is wow at how it flies in comparison to my H501A doing toilet bowls. :cry: :roll:
I have been told that if you fly the H501A in Manual(AltHold) Mode that performance and maneuverability is greatly enhanced for the H501A.

For some reason, the Manual(AltHold) Mode does not seem to be supported by the HT011A controller( or it is not apparent) and the APP. If this is in fact true many of us who bought this combination of H501A and the HT005 or the HT011A controllers are missing out on a lot of fun.

Since I have seen a youtube video of the H501A flying in Manual Mode(AltHold) I am spending $49.90 on an H901A Controller (oh my god :o ) to experience Manual(AltHold) mode. It is due to arrive at my house by 08/02/2018 and I will update this post then. Hopefully it will address my concern of slow performance whilst stuck in GPS only mode of flight.

As for the modding tool if Hubsan is not supporting the use why is it up with the software update on hubsan.com. If they don't want users using the tool why are they providing in the zip file? A little contradictory don't you think.

My opinion of modding the parameter is that there should be a tool for user to use to change Nav Speed so they can RTH faster than 5m/hr, lower the height limitation so that the drone only flies as high as they feel comfortable with and last but not least allow them to enter in how far(distance wise) they want to limit the drone from flying from take off point. With no limit on range I am sure that pilots have flown past the range of the controller FPV and crashed. It is too easy to get out too far and run into problems. Yes Connection failsafe does work but is not always the panacea to getting the bird home

Post by 153158796984846 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:25 pm

You are right it is a lot of fun in alt hold mode and scary , mine has done 20m/s with a tail wind and hit a few trees lol , I actually lost it for about half an hour when it got stuck in one . It seems to take a while to slow down and just drifts backwards when you do a 180 turn after going full speed , but I'm getting better with it

I bought the h906a controller to go with mine so I didn't have to do the antenna mod .

That modding tool sounds interesting did you get anywhere with it .

Btw Don't forget to go in the menus and try manual mode then you get even more control and can do flips

Safe flying

justjarhead

Post by justjarhead » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:25 pm

153158796984846 wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:25 pm
You are right it is a lot of fun in alt hold mode and scary , mine has done 20m/s with a tail wind and hit a few trees lol , I actually lost it for about half an hour when it got stuck in one . It seems to take a while to slow down and just drifts backwards when you do a 180 turn after going full speed , but I'm getting better with it

I bought the h906a controller to go with mine so I didn't have to do the antenna mod .

That modding tool sounds interesting did you get anywhere with it .

Btw Don't forget to go in the menus and try manual mode then you get even more control and can do flips

Safe flying
If you are losing control and are at the edge about to do something weird flip up the GPS switch and release the sticks. It is like putting on the brakes.

Post by 153158796984846 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:16 am

Yeah had to do that a few times lol

TheChief

Post by TheChief » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:56 pm

Happy Flying
You can also try duel batteries with carbon fiber or star props.
I have even used turbo cone props which save battery increase thrust and give
you a smoother flight.
And the last DIY which you should do always is to spend a few minutes and balance
you prop blades and prop shaft area where the blade attach this will reduce wear on
motors/shafts and then armatures stop the horrible jelloing and increase flight time
because of less stress on motors
THE CHIEF
Bob Aronson USNR
Co Owner & Lead Trainer Air Bigdogs
FAA Part 107/COA licence/endorsement
for restricted air space
Microsoft/Apple/Android OS cert.
Cisco/Network/Security cert.
Full computer/cell repair

magicmannst

Post by magicmannst » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:26 pm

simple answer does the modding tool work on the 501A yes.and yes you can turn the fence off set the speed in gps mode.

get a Tx as you have heard.in alt hold it kick's it at almost 12 mps.

which with modding tool cam be increased.

but so is risk and wear on vehicle, also legal responsibility.

settings run from 0 to 255 0 been off

check out mods & hobs channel on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc4e4QqSDtMqHfYUgaeCyUg

justjarhead

Post by justjarhead » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:11 pm

I have tried numerous versions of the modding tool with FC 1.1.46 and RX 1.1.50 and cannot read parameters so this is all a mute point for now. We will have to wait for a tool that works for FC 1.1.46 and RX 1.1.50 and RX 2.1.50 and 2.1.53.