Will not take video or photos.

Dynamike06

Will not take video or photos.

Post by Dynamike06 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:50 am

My H501S will not take photo's or video, the controller says "Photo" and Record when I press the buttons but when I remove the card and try to see them on the computer, there are no files on the card. Not sure what's going on. I'm a newby looking for advice.

vivianfranco

Re: Will not take video or photos.

Post by vivianfranco » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:58 pm

First, see if your drone is an SS or an S.
Please use this video to find out: https://youtu.be/K2u09f1z7ro

If your drone is an S, make sure that your SD card is less than 32GB (recommended 16GB max) and class 4 or higher. It will need to be formatted to exFAT.

If your drone is an SS, make sure that your SD card is less than 32GB (recommended 16GB max) and class 10 or higher. It will need to be formatted to FAT32.
Make sure that in both cases, the Allocation unit size is set to 32KB and that the Volume label area is blank.

Insert the card into the drone before you power on the device

It is also possible that you are pressing the EXIT or Enter buttons longer than necessary. The manual states .5 seconds (quick release). Also make sure the SD card is properly inserted.
You can verify it is not, if the SD card icon appears on your controller’s screen with !.
If problem persists after this recommendation, please provide us a short video of the problem you are experiencing for further assistance.