Lost Drone 1st outing

daleperrins

Lost Drone 1st outing

Post by daleperrins » Tue May 29, 2018 9:01 am

Took my Hubsan H501s out for its first flight flat open area calibrated compass no problem took off hovered at 20m drone lost control and started to fly away switched to home without success one flight no drone no gps cooridinates on the receiver.😩

vivianfranco

Re: Lost Drone 1st outing

Post by vivianfranco » Tue May 29, 2018 6:48 pm

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are sorry to hear that.

jim99bass

Post by jim99bass » Wed May 30, 2018 2:12 pm

Sorry to hear of you loss. It is very likely you were flying in altitude mode (toggle switch on left side of standard transmitter). I have had loss of control when flying in altitude mode and recovered by switching back to GPS mode. In my experience return to home has not / does not work when flying in altitude mode.

Look at the bottom of the transmitter video screen below the GPS coordinates, it will display “altitude mode” or “GPS mode”. In GPS mode the drone will not move without input from the transmitter sticks and return to home will bring drone back to take off spot.

Jim

vivianfranco

Post by vivianfranco » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:16 pm

Hello All,

Yes, it is likely however Hubsan can't confirm that is what happened.
Once the drone is lost we can't confirm if it was pilot error or defect.

clustermarc

Post by clustermarc » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:22 pm

Hi, am very sorry to hear you lost your drone.. :(

i lost a drone today as well but it was a little H107c The wind took it away a bit and i lost orientation and it went into huge (size of a house huge) stinging nettle bushes, i tried for an hour or so to find it but had no joy. Its not a huge issue for me as i got the quadcopter cheap but was only my 3rd proper flight with it so that was a bit gutting lol..

But i feel for your because your drone was not cheap. :(

All the best, marc..
Hubsan Quadcopters In My Collection So Far:
Hubsan X4 Desire Pro H216A
Hubsan X4 H107C (a few of them)
Hubsan Q4 Nano H111

My Youtube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9nFqm ... GWmyLnCQ5w

Birdie

Post by Birdie » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:44 pm

I am getting my 1st drone on wed hubsan H501s professional i am afraid of flying it now reading above

What is the best options for beginners to fly around

Thank you

Hubsan-Ailsa

Post by Hubsan-Ailsa » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:43 pm

Hello,The H501S is very easy to control.Kindly suggest you fly on the open flat ground without any interference.remember to switch on the GPS and waiting for the drone and transmitter picks up 6 satellites or more.

justjarhead

Post by justjarhead » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:54 pm

Birdie wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:44 pm
I am getting my 1st drone on wed hubsan H501s professional i am afraid of flying it now reading above

What is the best options for beginners to fly around

Thank you
Or as another forum member suggested tether it to a fisshing pole and reel it in is you loose control. :D :D

Just kidding. I am in same boat. Mine is supposed to arrive this afternoon(H501A) and I have same concerns. :o :o

My area is full of cell towers and more WiFi than you can imagine. My cheap SkyViper drone flyaway 2 nights ago when taking off. I was flying in a spot where I have flown many times before and 20 ft. into takeoff it flew away. I was lucky it hit a neighbors tree and I was able to recover.

Best suggestions are make sure your batteries are fully charged on H501S and Transmitter.
Make sure you do compass calibration.
Make sure you have more than 6 satellites ( I try for 10 or more) and solid GPS lock.
Make sure you are in GPS mode vs. altitude hold mode.
One thing to try if flyaway starts is to power down the transmitter. The loss of transmitter connection is supposed to trigger a RTL condition vs just flying away. I have not done this with a Hubsan but it works with my cheap SkyViper.

Good luck and happy Hubsan Flying.

Birdie

Post by Birdie » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:38 am

Thank you for the tips @justjarhead I will let you know how I get on,

I am lucky here in Ireland to be living in the country with loads of fields and flat ground, some electric wires to be a little concerned about but will stay well clear.

I wont be flying it and see the H501S full potential in manual mode for quite sometime :lol:

talk soon

P

justjarhead

Post by justjarhead » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:11 pm

Birdie wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:38 am
Thank you for the tips @justjarhead I will let you know how I get on,

I am lucky here in Ireland to be living in the country with loads of fields and flat ground, some electric wires to be a little concerned about but will stay well clear.

I wont be flying it and see the H501S full potential in manual mode for quite sometime :lol:

talk soon

P
Happy Hubsan flysing to you :D in Ireland. :D