FPV signal cuts out within 50m

bradahman

FPV signal cuts out within 50m

Post by bradahman » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:59 pm

My H501S-S is one week old and on the first flight I had pretty good fpv, with the signal cutting out as expected when I turned away from the quad and got out to 150m . The next time I took it out at a clear area free of buildings and trees signal started to cut out at 40m.

I have tried a rebind and different 5.8 freqs. I completely loose signal below 5.785 and above 5.810. 5.800 seems to be the best though tjat cuts out close as well. Shouldn't I have signal through most the 5.8 band? This sport is new to me and it's pretty disconcerting to have malfunctions like that.

Hubsan-Ailsa

Re: FPV signal cuts out within 50m

Post by Hubsan-Ailsa » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:34 pm

Would you mind to enter into the test mode and show us a clearly video for us?Let's us help you find the issue.

The procedures to enter into the test mode as follow

Set up both drone and transmitter for flight, pass compass calibration and then switch the transmitter off, but leave the drone on. Then, hold down the Exit key (Advanced transmitter) or Video key (Standard Transmitter) and keep holding it while you switch the transmitter on. You should see some numbers come up on the screen that were not present before. We call those the RSSI values (received signal strength indication)- and they tell us how powerful a particular signal is. In this case, we want to see what the 5.8 G and 2.4G values say.

Keep an eye on the 5.8 G and 2.4G numbers and move the transmitter around 30 feet (10m) away from the aircraft. While moving away, note how high the 5.8 G signal and 2.4G signal strength on both transmitter and aircraft are- observe for a while, watch how they drop.