Motors won’t start

Leo1950H

Motors won’t start

Post by Leo1950H » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:26 pm

Can someone help me with my 501S? I cannot get my motors to start after going through the calibrations!

Hubsan-Ailsa

Re: Motors won’t start

Post by Hubsan-Ailsa » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:01 am

Before assuming automatically that your drone is defective, though- check out the following list of items.

1) Check your transmitter joystick channels on the screen if you have an H906A or H901A. Make sure that all channels are moving properly. If they are not, use the transmitter stick calibration to reset the transmitter joysticks(quoted on the user manual);

2) If you are using a transmitter without an FPV screen and fly a drone that does not have GPS, please check the number values on the TX screen. Pull the sticks all the way down and see if the value on the screen goes to 0. Pull the sticks all the way up and see if the value on the screen goes to 100. When the sticks are centered, the screen should read 50. If you see anything otherwise, use the transmitter stick calibration to reset the transmitter joysticks:

3) Applicable only to GPS units: make sure that you have 6 or more satellites before you attempt to arm the motors. Unless you set the aircraft’s “Fly when no GPS” setting to “Yes” on an applicable transmitter, the aircraft will not allow you to arm its motors with less than 6 satellites registered for the aircraft.

4) Applicable only to GPS units that utilize a transmitter with a RTH switch: make sure the RTH switch is pointing down. If it’s pointing up, the aircraft will think it’s being commanded to do a RTH. We’ve set the firmware to prohibit the aircraft from even arming its motors should the RTH switch be activated. Also make sure that all other GPS functions, with the exception of GPS mode, are off as well at the time of initial take off.

5) I held off on this last suggestion for last, because technically speaking, it should already be covered by numbers 1 and 2. I’ve seen clients make this mistake even with instructions, though, so I will mention it. Should your transmitter screen be completely black, with only one GPS line (in the case of older H109S units, no GPS line at all) and the transmitter voltage only on the upper right-hand corner, this means that the aircraft and transmitter are not connected at all.you should rebind again .