Hubsan's LiPo 610mAh/7.4V/15C/4.5Wh charge rate

ge_e3cf1vX8HV

Hubsan's LiPo 610mAh/7.4V/15C/4.5Wh charge rate

Post by ge_e3cf1vX8HV » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:42 pm

Hi,

I've got some Hubsan's LiPos for my Hubsan H502S and I've just bought an IMAX B6AC and I'd like to know which is the recommended charge rate for the 610mAh/7.4V/15C/4.5Wh battery in order to charge them as fast as possible but without harming them.

Best regards,

Mikel

Hubsan-Ailsa

Re: Hubsan's LiPo 610mAh/7.4V/15C/4.5Wh charge rate

Post by Hubsan-Ailsa » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:26 am

Hello Mikel,

Kindly use the Hubsan H502S default charger

clustermarc

Re: Hubsan's LiPo 610mAh/7.4V/15C/4.5Wh charge rate

Post by clustermarc » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:03 am

Hi Mikel,
Lol to be totally honest I'm shocked that hubsan would recommend you use a USB charger over a proper hobby grade charger, best place for the USB lead chargers is the bin, they are OK to get you going if it's the only charger people have but for long-term use, nothing beats a proper hobby grade charger..

I would not fast charge the 7.4v 610mah lipo battery though, if you do it will shorten the long time life of the battery, on your b6 charger don't select fast charge option but select charge balance option..

Charge at 1c rating, ALL lipos are best charged at this rating and prefer to be charged at 1c some battery manufacturers state their batteries can be charged at a higher 'c' rating but doing so makes it harder for the battery to balance properly some times, and to be honest the lower quality batteries like these would struggle more, so I recommend you stay at 1c.

If your unsure, basically 1c charge rating means 1 x capacity, saves me typing it all out for you, he's a good video explaining.

https://youtu.be/h1lBnMfph-0

So I would charge your 610mah at 0.6a (I charge mine at that) you could charge at 1a but I would not, but also bare in mind that's quite a bit higher then a 1c rating and although it will charge your battery a very tiny bit faster, it will shorten the overall long term lifespan of these battery and create more heat while charging too, you probably know this anyway but get a lipo safety charge bag and never leave a charging lipo unattended..

I have a different charger to you, I use a orion advanced clubman charger but it basically does what yours doing and I charge ALL my lipo batteries at 1c and have done for over 11 years, be them small 610mah or even up to my much larger 5100mah.

Also feel free to subscribe to my channel, I'm sure I have some videos that will interest you and I have many more to come 👍

ATB Marc
Hubsan Quadcopters In My Collection So Far:
Hubsan X4 Desire Pro H216A
Hubsan X4 H107C (a few of them)
Hubsan Q4 Nano H111

My Youtube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9nFqm ... GWmyLnCQ5w