H501S, GPS Mode Turns Red

jhallett

H501S, GPS Mode Turns Red

Post by jhallett » Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:00 am

Have just purchased a Hubsan X4 H501S with H901A Transmitter.

Have a made a couple of test flights and the quad seems to fly very well and the camera functions are working fine.

However, I am concerned about a particular indication that comes up on the LCD Screen interface.

After successful calibration, with the GPS Mode switch up (on), with the quad on level ground, and over 6 satellites in view for both the copter and the remote, the message GPS MODE appears in GREEN at the bottom of the screen. But as soon as I arm and start the motors, the message GPS MODE turns RED and stays that way until landing and motor disarm.

Instinctively, this doesn't sound right, and the user manual makes no mention of it.

I have run a full manual Compass Calibration and Horizontal Calibration but this has made no difference.

Could anyone advise whether this is normal operation and, if not, what I might be doing wrong.

Thanks very much,

Jon

ArmyVet

Re: H501S, GPS Mode Turns Red

Post by ArmyVet » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:46 pm

Not an expert on Hubsan. New owner of H501s-s.

I get 10 satellites on both normally. It does take a while. Try waiting for more birds.
Hopefully you might get a better answer form the pros.........ahem.
Good Luck.

Hubsan-Ailsa

Post by Hubsan-Ailsa » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:58 am

Hello jhallett ,

Yes the GPS mode turns red when you start the mode.which is normal.

jhallett

Post by jhallett » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:51 am

Thanks a million for the responses...in that case I shall relax and just enjoy flying the quad!

It's a great product :)