Struggling with a new H109S

palace

Struggling with a new H109S

Post by palace » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:39 am

Hi There

Just got a new H109S and struggling with control. I admit I'm a bit of a newbie but have watched various videos and the one I have just doesn't seem to play ball. I get it into the air but it constantly drifts backwards, even trimmed to the max. I've turned on GPS hold but it still drifts back and doesn't really hold at all. It keeps asking for compass calibration each time I turn it one and not sure if that is right as the manual seems to indicate it's generally the first flight and then only if there is some magnetic deviation. I've always taken it to the same spot on the oval to try out. I also did the horizontal and rotate calibrations, but these have made no difference.
I've also tried the return home function but it doesn't seem to do anything, and I presumed the follow me would rotate the camera to me and track, but it too doesn't seem to do anything, so I'm a bit lost.
Not sure if I'm doing something wrong being a newbie, but have already gone through the spare blades as it's crashed and flipped a few times.

Cheers
Peter

Hubsan-Ailsa

Re: Struggling with a new H109S

Post by Hubsan-Ailsa » Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:45 am

Hello ,

For this drifts backwards issue ,kindly remind the transmitter to the drone and take a picture of the transmitter interference for us?Hope will help you check where is the issue.

palace

Post by palace » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:26 am

Hi Alisa
Thank you for the reply. I did try that along with the calibrations but it didn't solve the issue. I took the unit back as it was only a couple of days old and had it replaced. The new unit now work perfectly in GPS Hold and doesn't drift. The only thing I can't seem to get working on this one is the "Follow Me" option. The books says the transmitter should have a GPS signal as well but I only get one magenta line on the display for the GPS coordinates of the drone. Is their some option I'm missing to enable the GPS on the transmitter as it looks like it needs this for the "Follow Me" to work, RTH works fine as well so at least it is flying :-)
Cheers
Peter

ArmyVet

Post by ArmyVet » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:13 pm

Stupid question/observation.

Several vendors and Hubsan have indicated that all NEW H501 are SS units and as such have "auto" compass calibrate. And have been that way for some time. So where are the old units coming from and why are people still getting them.

Maybe need to "talk" to your vendor. They are selling old stock and maybe not representing that properly.

Just a thought from my suspicious mind. :shock:

Bill