X-Hubsan app will not connect to H216a from iPhone

me_618aeBLf0v

X-Hubsan app will not connect to H216a from iPhone

Post by me_618aeBLf0v » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:54 pm

I have an H216a and the X-Hubsan app will not connect to it on my iPhone. I've followed all of the directions properly, and the little gray box in the top middle of the screen says "Not connected" and never does connect. I have powered the H216a on and off, rebooted the iPhone, uninstalled/reinstalled the app, and it still refuses to connect. I am able to connect the iPhone to the H216a's WiFi, but nothing works beyond that. I have tried this on 2 different iPhones (a 6s and an Xs, both running iOS 12.1, and the behavior is the same. Interestingly enough, my iPad that is also running iOS 12.1 will connect to the H216a.

Does anyone have any thoughts on why this does not work, or any additional troubleshooting steps I should take? Any help would be appreciated.

Hubsan-Ailsa

Re: X-Hubsan app will not connect to H216a from iPhone

Post by Hubsan-Ailsa » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:13 am

Hello ,

Would you tell us your phone model number and provide the video for demonstrating this connect issue?

me_618aeBLf0v

Post by me_618aeBLf0v » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:55 pm

As I mentioned above, the phones tested are an iPhone 6s and an iPhone Xs. I'm not going to provide a video because I don't really have a way to do so and I've clearly explained the behavior in my previous post. Step by step:

Power up Hubsan H216a
Hubsan WiFi comes up
Connect iPhone to Hubsan WiFi using 12345678 as password
iPhone connects successfully to Hubsan WiFi
Launch X-Hubsan app
Select H216a
Enter main interface
iPhone stays just like in the attached screenshot - it never connects

me_618aeBLf0v

Post by me_618aeBLf0v » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:37 pm

I see that the X-Hubsan app was updated, and although the update doesn’t mention any fixes that might help my situation out, I figured that it wouldn’t hurt to try the updated app. It still behaves the same way as described above. Apparently the app just doesn’t work with the iPhone and the H216a, and I will have no choice other than to return the drone to the store. Pity, it looked promising.

me_a52cdv6Hua

Post by me_a52cdv6Hua » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:52 pm

Hello. I just got my 1st H216A yesterday. It took me 4 hours to get the phone to work with the APP. It was all my fault too. I got back from work today and got everything going in 5 minutes without any problems. This is what I did:

Started APP and logged in to site if needed or asked too.
Plugged battery into H216A - GO OUTSIDE - the H216A must have GPS satellites.
Go to Settings menu, click on WIFI on Phone and click to connect on the H216A that is offered there.
-- From here, you can run the H216A from the phone --

To get the Remote to work -
Open the APP and get to that screen you posted above - the control screen -
Turn the Remote on - the 2nd light will blink red and blue.
On the APP control screen - click the FAR top right 'cog' setting icon.
Next - look for the 'remote' symbol in the middle of settings - click that.
It asks some questions and will open the BlueTooth for you - just click yes or OK and you will be ready.

Hope that helps - Like I said, I just did this for my 1st time today.
West is Best - East is Least : Moon Rising showing Top clear - Will continue till Full MOON. Moon with Bottom rising clear - Will go to New Moon. :D Fort Fraggz :D

richiesgr

Post by richiesgr » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:48 am

Hi
I've exactly the same issue on android oneplus 6t do you find any help ?
Thanks