GPS Accuracy test Bug

akifoktar

GPS Accuracy test Bug

Post by akifoktar » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:17 pm

Hi Hubsan
When i m trying to fly my previous hubsan models, accuracy test bug was getting me crazy. Even if I am near the drone, app detects me far away sometimes even 10km away. and İ cant use flight features. I restart drone and app but It happens so often and ge me very angry. I see on last review from Dustin Dunnel channel, this bug still exist in new app. Reviewer also got dissapointed. Could you please work on this problem and fix it?

techcop50

Re: GPS Accuracy test Bug

Post by techcop50 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:09 pm

akifoktar wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:17 pm
Hi Hubsan
When i m trying to fly my previous hubsan models, accuracy test bug was getting me crazy. Even if I am near the drone, app detects me far away sometimes even 10km away. and İ cant use flight features. I restart drone and app but It happens so often and ge me very angry. I see on last review from Dustin Dunnel channel, this bug still exist in new app. Reviewer also got dissapointed. Could you please work on this problem and fix it?
You might try something like this on your phone:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.discipleskies.gpsreset&hl=en
Or try another phone. Good luck.
"Crashing and Patching Since 2015"
Phantom 3 Standard, Phantom 4 Pro, Mavic Pro, Hubsan X4 Storm, ZINO (One day :D)

PeaUK

Post by PeaUK » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:29 pm

i often have the same problem with my Hubsan H216A too (using 2 different phones)
Pea
(YouTube: Pea's Kites & Drones)

ECA77

Post by ECA77 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:36 am

He kept getting a message that the GPS was weak. What happened so he couldn't use some of the features was the battery level being too low. Hubsan needs to let us override or lower the level that allows the modes to be used.

techcop50

Post by techcop50 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:44 am

PeaUK wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:29 pm
i often have the same problem with my Hubsan H216A too (using 2 different phones)
It just seems to me that the GPS trouble started when he initialized the drone, saying the accuracy was poor. If I understand that correctly, it means the drone GPS didn't match up with the phone GPS. Could be either one in error, I suppose. And if it was the ZINO, I would think it would not have flown as well as it did... :?:
At the very least i would download a free app and see if my phone was holding a GPS lock.
Phantom 3 Standard, Phantom 4 Pro, Mavic Pro, Hubsan X4 Storm, ZINO (One day :D)

PeaUK

Post by PeaUK » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:55 am

when I get that error message, everything works ok (including GPS return to home) except the waypoints, follow me & orbit modes
Pea

techcop50

Post by techcop50 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:46 am

PeaUK wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:55 am
when I get that error message, everything works ok (including GPS return to home) except the waypoints, follow me & orbit modes
That definitely sounds like a phone problem. You've just listed the GPS functions that depend on GPS data from your phone. GPS return-to-home could be using recorded data, like DJI does with their drones. It records the home point at takeoff, then navigates back to the recorded point.
It would make sense for Hubsan to disable those "GPS frills" (waypoints, etc.) if there was any indication of a problem. IMHO. ;)

PeaUK

Post by PeaUK » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:22 pm

it was with quite an old (low spec) phone - Samsung Galaxy J5 2016. The bluetooth transmitter that comes with the Hubsan H216A doesn't work well with that phone. The Hubsan Transmitter is very laggy and can't really be used with it. Also sometimes my phone won't stop recording video and I have to reboot the app to get the video to stop recording, so you could be right about that phone....
Pea

akifoktar

Post by akifoktar » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:22 pm

Hi friends,
I should tell the problem more detailed. That is not about the phone because i tried on different android phones. It happens on all. On the map i can see drone position and phone position is same. They can detect locations correct. But on accuracy test says that I am 1 km away from the drone! oppps! I check map again. Drone icon and controller icon on same location. I restart phone and drone. Opps it happens same. After a few restarts it works. but in time during restart i am going crazy and angry. I discovered that that 1 km away is the place i flied last time. any ideas?

DonHeintz

Post by DonHeintz » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:13 pm

I find it funny that all of a sudden people are posting concerns of faults they think are out there when nobody has received one yet. First they have to ship them to us, then we can evaluate.