recording in 1080p & 2k

PeaUK

recording in 1080p & 2k

Post by PeaUK » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:54 am

FAO Hubsan

I understand that currently there is no option to record in 1080p or 2k.

Will there be an update SOON to correct this?

Currently, most people's video editing hardware & video editing software will not easily support 4k. At the same time, we want the ability to record in 4k in the near future so our Zinos will be "future proof".

Even the RC Saylor said in 1 of their recent videos that it took them a lot of hours to upload 4k video to youtube (and that was with no editing) because they would need to upgrade their PC if they wanted to edit in 4K.

Thanks.
Pea
(YouTube: Pea's Kites & Drones)

ECA77

Re: recording in 1080p & 2k

Post by ECA77 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:25 am

AndyRC stated in his last video that he spoke with Hubsan and they assured him that other resolution settings will be available in future updates.
Along with allowing the drone to fly faster than 8m/s.

irussphone

Post by irussphone » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:25 pm

Fingers crossed...for additional features...and for just getting the !@!#$#^$%! drone!

PeaUK

Post by PeaUK » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:31 pm

thanks guys, fingers crossed its soon
Pea
(YouTube: Pea's Kites & Drones)

Mavros777

Post by Mavros777 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:10 pm

Yeah we definitely need different resolutions. 4k is overkill for me. Neither do I have a tv that supports it or it bothers me. Also the file sizes are ridiculous - 375MB per minute! Imagine trying to edit a 4k video. You'll wait half an hour for it to load. 1080p is perfect for me.

What I've noticed in the latest youtube video is that you can't take a photo while taking video. The h501s can so I can't see why the zino won't be able to with an firmware upgrade.

irussphone

Post by irussphone » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:04 pm

Ditto for me!

ClaudioLisco

Post by ClaudioLisco » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:03 am

I hope to see in the future..great update like change video resolution, manual exposure, meteora effect, AND THE MOST IMPORTANT THE LOG PROFILE for professional video..the camera can handle this think..is strong to make this think...it be nice also if we can select h264 and h265 mp4 format

ECA77

Post by ECA77 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:40 am

ClaudioLisco wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:03 am
I hope to see in the future..great update like change video resolution, manual exposure, meteora effect, AND THE MOST IMPORTANT THE LOG PROFILE for professional video..the camera can handle this think..is strong to make this think...it be nice also if we can select h264 and h265 mp4 format
If the Image processor is what they claim it is it will be able to do quite a lot. I would even think a higher bit rate would be possible from the sensor as well. I hope they just got it working, put them out there for the reviews and unleash the beast after it comes out. RAW would also be possible.

DonHeintz

Post by DonHeintz » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:14 pm

I find it funny that all of a sudden people are posting concerns of faults they think are out there when nobody has received one yet. First they have to ship them to us, then we can evaluate. This issue can be updated by a firmware or software update. Lets focus on getting the drone then figure out what is needed.

ECA77

Post by ECA77 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:06 pm

DonHeintz wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:14 pm
I find it funny that all of a sudden people are posting concerns of faults they think are out there when nobody has received one yet. First they have to ship them to us, then we can evaluate. This issue can be updated by a firmware or software update. Lets focus on getting the drone then figure out what is needed.
First of all, of course there are concerns. This is a very little tested product that people pre-ordered with faith that Hubsan will make a halfway decent product.
The concerns are actually more Hubsan's doing in releasing little information about the Zino other than superficial specs and features.
Don't get me wrong, I ordered one because I believe they will deliver a good product. I am just concerned that it will take a long time for them to unlock features that are important to me. Or to correct problems like ones found in the few reviews.
If Hubsan had posted more videos themselves actually showing the features being used in real life situations, it would have gone a long way to ease any buyer's remorse feelings that might be coming out after the delay in delivery.
I for one am not in a rush, I would rather get a well flying drone than one that has hardware problems that can't be fixed. Fixes in the flight settings is something I expect for a new product being launched. And thankfully it can be done. My Walkera QR X350 Pro wasn't a stable hoverer when it first came out, but after 6 months and a few updates they got it to be very stable. I am sure Hubsan is working hard on this to make it a great alternative to these extremely expensive drones. If they don't then they will always be laughed at by others as just a toy making company. And I am sure that image is what Hubsan is trying to change with the Zino.