Questions

stargazer

Questions

Post by stargazer » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:29 pm

Im a few hours old to drone operation. I have an HS501Could someone tell me what does "headless operation mean?" Also does anyone have a good contact number for tech/customer service? :shock: Thanks!

irussphone

Re: Questions

Post by irussphone » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:26 pm

Headless mode means that no matter which way the front of the quad faces, when you push the right stick away from you (in mode 2...where the throttle and yaw are on the left) the quad will move away from where you are. Conversely, when you pull the right stick toward you, it will come to you and the transmitter/controller.

I prefer to use the Return to Home feature if I lost track of my quad. It will bring it home and land it for you!

See at the bottom of this page...it has "Contact Us"...try emailing them there.

stargazer

Post by stargazer » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:43 pm

Thank you for the info. I tried to do the return home switch and the thing took off straight up. I thought I was going to lose it for a while so I switched the RH off and slowed the motors down. Do I need to be in headless or head mode for it to operate correctly?

irussphone

Post by irussphone » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:24 pm

stargazer wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:43 pm
Thank you for the info. I tried to do the return home switch and the thing took off straight up. I thought I was going to lose it for a while so I switched the RH off and slowed the motors down. Do I need to be in headless or head mode for it to operate correctly?
It is normal for the quad to rise to a predetermined height when RTH is engaged...to miss obstacles...it would have probably been fine and would have returned home.

Glad to help but your questions would be more appropriate in the 501S sections of the FPV section and not the Zino section.

stargazer

Post by stargazer » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:28 pm

Thanks. Ill try over there. Didnt know how to move around here. I assume the Zino is another model. Ill catch up. lol :lol: