Zino Mini Pro Calibrate Vision Positioning System

BenMatthews

Re: Zino Mini Pro Calibrate Vision Positioning System

Post by BenMatthews » Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:26 pm

ok Finally managed to Calibrate the sensors.
I am using a large TV for my monitor and it never worked and even tried another smaller tv and no luck with that either, so dragged out a old lower resolution monitor and it worked perfectly first time. Did try to use an old laptop also but Windows kept throwing up an error and wouldn't open the program.

me_51b42hc0Sq

Post by me_51b42hc0Sq » Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:05 am

OK, after major problems trying to do the vision system calibration, I finally succeeded (it makes a big difference!) A couple of lessons learned, that I could not find anywhere else:
(1) Not every Windows computer seems to work. You can load the drivers onto any Windows machine, but sometimes when you run the calibration program, at the very end the green progress circle stops at 90% and the message is "abnormal calibration" with no explanation. I tried over and over, thinking that I was moving the drone too much or some such...no.
(2) If you upgrade the Windows system, e.g. from Win 10 to Win 11, you need to re-load the drivers. The calibration program will not tell you this. If it is already on your machine when you upgrade, it just does nothing when you attach the drone--does not recognize it.
(3) Not all screen resolutions work. Some will give you an immediate message "resolution not supported" when you open the calibration program. Other resolutions appear to work, no message at the beginning, but at the end of the calibration process you get the message "calibration failed" and a display on the right showing both front and rear camera views in big red failure boxes. For example, 1200 x 720 does this. Again, I tried repeatedly, taking more care with the positioning of the drone....that was not the problem
(4) 1280 x 800 worked on my Microsoft Surface 13" laptop. Immediate, rapid success, first try.

Therefore: if you run into calibration "abnormalities" and "failures": make sure the drivers are really installed; try a different computer to avoid the "abnormal" issue; try different screen resolutions until you find one that is "supported," and if that one gives you calibration failures, try another resolution until you find one that succeeds. When you find a good one the calibration takes only a minute or two and succeeds instantly.

Now, if only the camera sharpness and color management were so easy to improve.....

anzac

Post by anzac » Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:01 am

Hello everyone.
I try to calibrate the Zino mini pro but it keeps disconnecting from my win10 PC as soon as it connects. It keeps doing this loop- connects and disconnects a few seconds later.
I have installed the driver and set the IP as in the tutorial.
I restarted the drone and the PC and it keeps entering the same connect-disconnect loop every few seconds.
Any ideas?
Thanks!

anzac

Post by anzac » Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:49 am

Well I finally managed to calibrate it using a different USB cable!😀

me_19c5fRrR9G

Post by me_19c5fRrR9G » Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:12 pm

same here
final attempt was succesfull:
brightnes on notebook screen to max
resolution changed to 1280x800
different micro usb cable (from sony phone)

me_f480eNitnB

Post by me_f480eNitnB » Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:54 pm

i got it working on M$ 10. i was missing the rdnis setup.

anyone got the vision calibration to work on macOS?

betts2389

Post by betts2389 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:29 pm

What is the secret to get the ZMP to recognize the Hubsan Assistant software to perform the calibration. Driver installed and IP address updated and computer sees the ZMP, though when aircraft is plugged in, the Hubsan assistant will not see the aircraft.

anzac

Post by anzac » Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:10 am

Try a different cable than the one provided with the drone. This worked for me at least!

Vantripper

Post by Vantripper » Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:04 am

I get right to the end and then 100% complete then both front and rear calibration failed every time!!
what do you have to do to get it to complete the calibration?
I had all of the same issues, read the forum replies and eventually was able to complete the calibration only to be advised that both front and rear calibration had failed, time and time again.

me_1059c8nr3Y

Post by me_1059c8nr3Y » Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:57 am

betts2389 wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:29 pm
What is the secret to get the ZMP to recognize the Hubsan Assistant software to perform the calibration. Driver installed and IP address updated and computer sees the ZMP, though when aircraft is plugged in, the Hubsan assistant will not see the aircraft.
This appears to happen sometimes but not every time. I have found that if the avoidance calibration software does not recognise the ZMP, (in Windows 10 at least) the following works.
With Hubsan Assistant software at the plug in ZMP screen and with ZMP plugged in.
Go to the place where you input the IP address when you followed the guide to install the driver and IP address.
Select the automatically assign IP address then apply or OK (i forget which) and come back out of those screens.
Then go back in and selected and input the IP address as instructed.
Finally apply or OK (I forget which) and back out of those screens.
Wait usually 5 to 15 seconds and the screen should go from plug drone in to ZMP that you can click on.
This method simply removes the IP address (that's why you have to come back out of the screens) then when you input the IP address it forces Windows to allocate the IP address again and look for the network. I hope it helps.

FYI - I have found that having a fan blowing under the ZMP while performing the above, and downloading images, and when performing firmware updates helps reduce the number of failures to complete - I believe because some failures are caused when the ZMP has been sitting too long and so gets hot and shuts things off to protect itself.