Zino Mini Pro Calibrate Vision Positioning System

BenMatthews

Zino Mini Pro Calibrate Vision Positioning System

Post by BenMatthews » Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:06 am

Hi
is anyone else having a problem Calibrating Vision Positioning System, I have done all the setup on the PC fine and manage to use their software to try to calibrate, yet every time it fails.

gregb490

Re: Zino Mini Pro Calibrate Vision Positioning System

Post by gregb490 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:36 am

BenMatthews wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:06 am
Hi
is anyone else having a problem Calibrating Vision Positioning System, I have done all the setup on the PC fine and manage to use their software to try to calibrate, yet every time it fails.
Yes.
I've managed to get to the place where you point the ZMP at the PC screen, eventually, but cannot work out what I am meant to do. Nothing happens!

Edit Sept 10: I have now managed to calibrate the front "eyes" as they are called, but have failed to calibrate the rear sensors. On reflection, I realised that you have to line up the ZMP's red rectangle with the four corners of the green rectangle on the screen, to start with. It's obvious, when you have thought about it for long enough.

To those having to calibrate, if like me your screen and computer are a few feet apart, you might need a USB extension lead, to get the ZMP close enough to the monitor and to be able to move the ZMP around during calibration.

On step forward ....
Bugs4 & Bugs7w but now enjoying my Mini Pro 64GB (Firmware 1.2.9 - Sept 2021)

BenMatthews

Post by BenMatthews » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:25 am

It still always fails for me, I have tried the following

Different PC's
Different screens
Different cables
Light room
Dark room
high brightness
nothing changes

all my firmware is up to date.

If you are using a straight USB cable this can block the "rear eyes", you can easily see from the displayed camera view in the bottom left corner

gregb490

Post by gregb490 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:31 am

I'm pleased to say that I have now succeeded in calibrating the "rear binoculars" as well as the front "eyes"!

My observations are that this is a clever, if difficult to use, piece of software. As with many things, the key is to watch the accompanying video a few times, and then when you do finally get the ZMP to connect to your computer, think carefully about what you are being asked to do. It wasn't completely obvious to me, to start with. The software is written with a Windows laptop in mind (to which I don't have access), so have that at the back of your mind when calibrating, if you are using a large monitor, as I was.

The secret to the rear calibration seems to be to hold the ZMP pointing directly at the screen, ie try to avoid holding it at any sort of angle to the screen. If using a monitor, you might need an extension USB cable, so that you can always hold the ZMP perpendicular to the screen as you move it up, down, and side to side, as required.

Calibration involves chasing these light blue squares around the screen, with the ZMP.

Now to fly it again and hope that a new firmware upgrade doesn't require me to carry this out again.

BenMatthews

Post by BenMatthews » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:51 am

ok thanks will give it a go. apparently you have to the calibration once and week, but maybe after the first one you can skip it at your own risk hopefully

Airmaster72

Post by Airmaster72 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:16 am

Hi!

I came upon calibrating the vision positioning system, when starting the ZMP for the first time. I downloaded and installed the calibrating tool, read the tutorial doc-file, watched the video and started the tool. No ZMP was recognized (Windows 10). I would have to install the RNDIS-driver to gain access. When it came to look for the driver in the specified folder told by the tutorial doc-file, I did not find it. Searching the Harddisk did neither show the driver nor the folder, where it should be located. I tried it with 4 different RNDIS-drivers from the internet, but none worked. Can anyone tell me, where to look for the driver and where it is located on your harddisk?? It even did not come with the calibration tool (RAR-file). As an IT-system engeneer I think I'm quite cabable to install a simple driver and handle the forthcoming settings. Done it a million times. I contacted Hubsan for advice, but instead of a solution I only received a link for a tutorial video how to bind Hubsan Care with the drone, RC and personal account.

me_7a936RD1uV

Post by me_7a936RD1uV » Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:35 am

J have same problem during calibration vision when the rear sensor works computer shut down the program

BenMatthews

Post by BenMatthews » Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:28 pm

Airmaster72 wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:16 am
Hi!

I came upon calibrating the vision positioning system, when starting the ZMP for the first time. I downloaded and installed the calibrating tool, read the tutorial doc-file, watched the video and started the tool. No ZMP was recognized (Windows 10). I would have to install the RNDIS-driver to gain access. When it came to look for the driver in the specified folder told by the tutorial doc-file, I did not find it. Searching the Harddisk did neither show the driver nor the folder, where it should be located. I tried it with 4 different RNDIS-drivers from the internet, but none worked. Can anyone tell me, where to look for the driver and where it is located on your harddisk?? It even did not come with the calibration tool (RAR-file). As an IT-system engeneer I think I'm quite cabable to install a simple driver and handle the forthcoming settings. Done it a million times. I contacted Hubsan for advice, but instead of a solution I only received a link for a tutorial video how to bind Hubsan Care with the drone, RC and personal account.
you just install with the Microsoft driver from the device manager. the instructions are in the download file.

Airmaster72

Post by Airmaster72 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:54 pm

BenMatthews wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:28 pm
Airmaster72 wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:16 am
Hi!

you just install with the Microsoft driver from the device manager. the instructions are in the download file.
Thanks! My fault :roll: - I just tried it once more and found the point, where I took the wrong turn earlier. Now the drone is recognized by the calibration tool and I can go on with calibrating.

gregb490

Post by gregb490 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:24 am

Airmaster72 wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:54 pm
... Thanks! My fault :roll: - I just tried it once more and found the point, where I took the wrong turn earlier. Now the drone is recognized by the calibration tool and I can go on with calibrating.
Best of luck! Although the instructions aren't clear, after 2 or three goes, you begin to understand what the programmer is intending with this tool.

To anyone else, I had to have about 3 attempts at installing the driver and software as my screen (Win 10) was not the same as that shown in the video. Just try and do what seems to be obvious, from the poor instructions. I think I got it wrong a couple of times. Also, sometimes the drone connects to the calibration software, and sometimes it just doesn't. I've no idea why. If you really want the anti-collision capability, persevere, otherwise why bother.