New Zino Mini Pro - Gimbal Twitch / unusable

Ianimms1

New Zino Mini Pro - Gimbal Twitch / unusable

Post by Ianimms1 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:12 pm

Take a look at the link to my footage I uploaded to youtube (I've not made it public yet so you need the link to find it currently)

Watch from 3 mins in, Gimbal twitches all over the shop, also Zoom has never worked. (It zooms in on my phone when controlling drone, but when you view pictures or video its as if you never zoomed in at all!)

It takes me countless times to get the USB to connect to the controller. Keep power cycling everything and reconnecting cable, meanwhile nearly overheating as it hasn't taken off to cool down!

Drone also drifts a bit too much when it should be still - and yes I've calibrated everything countless times.

I've sent a message to AliShanmao (youtube tester) and he thinks the drone is likely defective. I've sent email to order@hubsan.com with flight data but had no response.

Anyone any thoughts or sent back for refund?

BenMatthews

Re: New Zino Mini Pro - Gimbal Twitch / unusable

Post by BenMatthews » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:33 am

after the last firmware update the controller seems to be disconnecting a lot. I used to have a Zino Pro before and it also had the same problem. today I was testing just at home and it also said "usb cable disconnected". the solution I used on my Zino Pro and have tried on my Zino Mini Pro is to put your phone into Airplane Mode. test it with the drone at home with airplane mode off and it should stay connected and then toggle it all back on and it will probably disconnect.

Airmaster72

Post by Airmaster72 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:40 am

Hi!

For the zoom problem I have the information from Hubsan support, that at the moment it only works in FPV-mode. Whatever that means - I thought FPV is always turned on as soon as the drone is in the air - or do I get something wrong there?? Two drone testers on youtube report the same zoom problem. So we would have to wait for another firmware update, I think.

Ianimms1

Post by Ianimms1 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:41 am

Airmaster72 wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:40 am
Hi!

For the zoom problem I have the information from Hubsan support, that at the moment it only works in FPV-mode. Whatever that means - I thought FPV is always turned on as soon as the drone is in the air - or do I get something wrong there?? Two drone testers on youtube report the same zoom problem. So we would have to wait for another firmware update, I think.
Ok, so I assume that means you can only see the zoom functionality during flight, hopefully a firmware update will resolve that

Ianimms1

Post by Ianimms1 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:47 am

I think I have found the twitch issues... my gimbal appears to actually catch its mounting points in some positions! See photos. Can anyone else move their gimbal in a way that causes it to catch its own hanging bracket?
Attachments
gimbal1.jpg
gimbal1.jpg (888.89 KiB) Viewed 2298 times
gimbal2.jpg
gimbal2.jpg (846.75 KiB) Viewed 2298 times

Crack75

Post by Crack75 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:20 am

BenMatthews wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:33 am
after the last firmware update the controller seems to be disconnecting a lot. I used to have a Zino Pro before and it also had the same problem. today I was testing just at home and it also said "usb cable disconnected". the solution I used on my Zino Pro and have tried on my Zino Mini Pro is to put your phone into Airplane Mode. test it with the drone at home with airplane mode off and it should stay connected and then toggle it all back on and it will probably disconnect.
I made several checks and the disconnection problem does not seem to depend on the drone, but on the firmware of the remote control. We need his update to fix that problem

Kyodan75

Post by Kyodan75 » Sat May 21, 2022 11:43 pm

Something to check. Go into settings and check the gimbal settings. Where it asks for Anti-wind setting, turn it off unless you are flying in very windy conditions (i.e. near the limits of the ZMP "Level 5" or whatever). Also, to avoid catching your props in frame when flying forward aggressively, turn off the Allow Gimbal to Rotate Upward. That setting is so you can catch footage for aggressive maneuvering that doesn't matter if the props are visible in frame.