Problems with a brand new Hubsan Zino Mini Pro

dido1975

Problems with a brand new Hubsan Zino Mini Pro

Post by dido1975 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:44 am

Hi there!
Just got my new drone.. I did all the updates, read all the f#@%ng manual, and did 2 test flight.
I have some problems, I'd love to share them with you, so you can tell me if I am doing something wrong (or if I am not the only one)
1) outside, with 11 linked satellites, when hovering at about 3meters, the drone drifts a lot.
2) videos present a noticeable "jello effect"
3) raw files are unreadable (every software that I try to use to open them states that the file is in unknown format)
4) I am not able to insert the MicroSD card into the slot.

can someone help me with these points?
Thank you in advance!

JoshW

Re: Problems with a brand new Hubsan Zino Mini Pro

Post by JoshW » Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:21 pm

I do not own Zino mini pro so far, but I still can answer your 3 and 4.

3) raw files are unreadable by any software at this moment. You need to wait for next update. I HOPE Hubsan can make a convertor that can convert their own RAW files to .DNG which can be read by other popular image process software.

4) You only can store your videos and photos into the internal memory. Buying 128GB version maybe a good choice.

Crack75

Post by Crack75 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:31 am

With the last update have you noticed any random disconnections even a few meters away? The drone can no longer take the connection but lands at the take-off point

dido1975

Post by dido1975 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:49 am

Thank you very much @joshW for the help. So, if I understand well, it does not make sense to shoot in RAW, because it is not possible to read the files.
I saw that 48MP will be supported only starting from October... but I thought that at least a small version was possible.

for @Crack75: I made only 2 flights, but for a total distance og 4.6km .Only one disconnection (my fault), and i was able to reconnect to the drone.
Weather permitting, I will do more tests in the weekend....

Crack75

Post by Crack75 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:01 am

dido1975 wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:49 am

for @Crack75: I made only 2 flights, but for a total distance og 4.6km .Only one disconnection (my fault), and i was able to reconnect to the drone.
Weather permitting, I will do more tests in the weekend....
did have you the drone firmware 1.2.7 and 1.1.1 radio?

dido1975

Post by dido1975 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:45 am

Crack75 wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:01 am
did have you the drone firmware 1.2.7 and 1.1.1 radio?
I have to check, but I have the last one (updated yesterday afternoon)

Howzow

Post by Howzow » Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:48 am

Count yourself lucky. At least yours all works.
Did a firmware update on the controller then it suddenly died, went home to charge it and all it does is a strange backlight ficker on the controller and won't charge. Hubsan support say that I am not turning it on properly and need to do a short and long press which I am doing.
Left the controller plugged in for 5 hours yesterday and still dead. Sent them about 8 videos showing the problem and they just repeat and say to DOA short and long press but HOW THE HELL IS IT MEANT TO TURN ON WITH NO BATTERY!. Joke.

dido1975

Post by dido1975 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:42 am

Howzow wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:48 am
Count yourself lucky. At least yours all works.
Did a firmware update on the controller then it suddenly died, went home to charge it and all it does is a strange backlight ficker on the controller and won't charge. Hubsan support say that I am not turning it on properly and need to do a short and long press which I am doing.
Left the controller plugged in for 5 hours yesterday and still dead. Sent them about 8 videos showing the problem and they just repeat and say to DOA short and long press but HOW THE HELL IS IT MEANT TO TURN ON WITH NO BATTERY!. Joke.
Today I had another fly. The signal is stable, no disconnections at all. But a poor video quality persists.
few hours ago I did the latest fw update, who knows....

Howzow

Post by Howzow » Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:36 pm

Apparently getting a new controller sent out. Because the battery went dead during the firmware update (because of the multiple "cable disconnected" messages) the controller won't work .

The battery meter said there was plenty of battery and we had no warning that to delay the updates unless we had a certain percentage of battery left.
Hopefully it arrives and all is well.

me_c9e41b10FF

Post by me_c9e41b10FF » Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:38 am

Habe Probleme mit dem Akku der neuen Drohne. Ich habe das 64G Standardpaket ohne INTELLIGENT CHARGER HEAD bekommen. Es soll möglich sein den Akku mit einem normalen 5V / 2Ah Telefonladeadapter zu laden. Bei der Fernbedienung hat es funktioniert, aber beim Drohnenakku tut sich nichts. Habe beide mitgelieferten Kabel probiert - ohne Erfolg.
Kann jemand helfen?