Problems with a brand new Hubsan Zino Mini Pro

wobbly1958

Re: Problems with a brand new Hubsan Zino Mini Pro

Post by wobbly1958 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:28 pm

Hi dido1975

1) Drifting while hovering could indicate a compass calibration and / or vision sensor calibration is required
2) Can’t help with this one
3) One of the forum administrators - ailsa - suggested the following in a different form;
“To be able to edit this raw images, go to: http://ufraw.sourceforge.net/ download and install UFRaw and import the raw image into the software then you can save”. It may help while waiting for the October update. I Haven’t tried it, other users have had varied results.
4) as another poster advised, the ‘SD’ slot is not used for SD cards - there should have been a sticker covering it warning against use. The mini pro only comes with the built in 64 or 128 GB memory. I believe the same chassis mold is used for the Mini SE which does allow SD cards, my understanding is that the fixed RAM has faster read / write speeds needed for the higher video resolution.

Hope that helps a little.

dido1975

Post by dido1975 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:33 am

wobbly1958 wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:28 pm
Hi dido1975

1) Drifting while hovering could indicate a compass calibration and / or vision sensor calibration is required
2) Can’t help with this one
3) One of the forum administrators - ailsa - suggested the following in a different form;
“To be able to edit this raw images, go to: http://ufraw.sourceforge.net/ download and install UFRaw and import the raw image into the software then you can save”. It may help while waiting for the October update. I Haven’t tried it, other users have had varied results.
4) as another poster advised, the ‘SD’ slot is not used for SD cards - there should have been a sticker covering it warning against use. The mini pro only comes with the built in 64 or 128 GB memory. I believe the same chassis mold is used for the Mini SE which does allow SD cards, my understanding is that the fixed RAM has faster read / write speeds needed for the higher video resolution.

Hope that helps a little.
Thank you very much Wobbly1958! In the meanwhile I spoke with the support and I did some step forward:
1) the problem was about magnetic interference. I tested in another place, with 11 satellites, and had no drift. Anyway, this ZMP is light years away from the stability of my DJI Mini 2
2) with the new firmware and new app, the rolling shutter is nearly zero. Still present a blue cast
3) with the new firmware, when shot in raw you end end up with a *.DNG file (before it was *.RAW). This is readable with all the softwares, but it is underexpoed by at least 7 stops.
4) yes, I was wrong because initially I read the specs and I thought it could use a SD too.

me_a2fb1VNsHN

Post by me_a2fb1VNsHN » Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:50 am

Crack75 wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:31 am
With the last update have you noticed any random disconnections even a few meters away? The drone can no longer take the connection but lands at the take-off point
Me also have that problem!
And I can't view and dowload media by my Xiomi Redmi note 8 Pro!

dido1975

Post by dido1975 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:48 am

Updates:
with the 1.2.8 firmware, I still have the blue color cast. I wrote to the support but they are saying it is not true.
So I sent them the curve layer I add to apply on photoshop, in order to fix it. Still waiting for answer.

In the meanwhile I discovered the follow me is not working. Today I will do more tests with the new firmware

gregb490

Post by gregb490 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:08 pm

dido1975 wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:33 am
2) ... Still present a blue cast
3) with the new firmware, when shot in raw you end end up with a *.DNG file (before it was *.RAW). This is readable with all the softwares, but it is underexpoed by at least 7 stops. ...
Yes, the blue cast is still there, but I haven't checked today as I've just installed firmware 1.2.9
At last, I can read the RAW (.DNG) files but pleased to say that you also are seeing very underexposed images, so that is not just my drone.

I've been trying to calibrate the "Aircraft Visual Assistance System". Fun and Games, but after a couple of hours of trying alternatives to the Hubsan guide (My Win 10 system seems to be a bit different to Hubsan's), I did get to pointing "The Eyes" at the Green square on the screen, but am clearly misunderstanding something as nothing happened. I can live without collision avoidance for a while.

dido1975, you and I are now "Developers" not just mere users, it would seem.
Edit. I'm enjoying my Mini Pro. It is a stable flier and I get stable videos and good jpegs.
Bugs4 & Bugs7w but now enjoying my Mini Pro 64GB (Firmware 1.2.9 - Sept 2021)

BenMatthews

Post by BenMatthews » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:57 am

also having fun trying to Calibrate the Vision Positioning.
anyone with disconnection problems, try putting your phone into Airplane mode. I had a similar problem with my old Zino Pro and this stopped it and have tried it at home on my Zino Mini Pro it seems to be ok now, as soon as you toggle aiplane mode off again it disconnects.

me_08c8c7lp4Z

Post by me_08c8c7lp4Z » Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:27 am

I tried 5X to calibrate my ZMP's vision system on my PC monitors. 144 hz 2k and 60hz 1080p. It kept failing.

Then, I tried it on my cheapy laptop and it worked first try.

BenMatthews

Post by BenMatthews » Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:29 pm

me_08c8c7lp4Z wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:27 am
I tried 5X to calibrate my ZMP's vision system on my PC monitors. 144 hz 2k and 60hz 1080p. It kept failing.

Then, I tried it on my cheapy laptop and it worked first try.
thanks so much, your info helping a lot. tried an old laptop but was having a problem with windows opening the program so dragged out an old monitor 1440 x 900 resolution and it worked first time

Crack75

Post by Crack75 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:26 am

dido1975 wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:48 am
Updates:
with the 1.2.8 firmware, I still have the blue color cast. I wrote to the support but they are saying it is not true.
So I sent them the curve layer I add to apply on photoshop, in order to fix it. Still waiting for answer.

In the meanwhile I discovered the follow me is not working. Today I will do more tests with the new firmware
error of quote
Last edited by Crack75 on Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Crack75

Post by Crack75 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:28 am

me_a2fb1VNsHN wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:50 am
Crack75 wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:31 am
With the last update have you noticed any random disconnections even a few meters away? The drone can no longer take the connection but lands at the take-off point
Me also have that problem!
And I can't view and dowload media by my Xiomi Redmi note 8 Pro!
If you put the phone in airplane mode after a possible disconnection the drone will automatically connect to the remote control