2 questions for Zino mini

JoshW

2 questions for Zino mini

Post by JoshW » Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:41 pm

Hi all,

I have Mavic mini 2, and I want to buy Zino mini after watching some videos on Youtube. Before that, I still have 2 questions to ask:

1. Can the .DNG be processed by Adobe Photoshop or Lightroom?

2. Just curious how many NFZ restrictions in Zino mini. In my city, Mavic mini 2 has 150 meters height restriction. Does Zino mini have the same restriction as well?

JoshW

Re: 2 questions for Zino mini

Post by JoshW » Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:50 pm

I forgot 2 more questions:

3. Does Zino mini have ND filters to purchase?

4. I heard the video format is h.265, no h.264. Is it true?

dido1975

Post by dido1975 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:57 am

Hi.
I can help you with the first point.
At the moment, raw files are not usable with ANY software. There will be an update in October about it, at the moment only 8MP jpgs are supported.

Consider ZMP as a drone with a lot of potential but absolutely not ready.. hubsan is releasing many updates, but at the moment the drone should be considered in "pre production", in my opinion

P.S.I checked my videos, are h.265

JoshW

Post by JoshW » Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:17 pm

dido1975 wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:57 am
Hi.
I can help you with the first point.
At the moment, raw files are not usable with ANY software. There will be an update in October about it, at the moment only 8MP jpgs are supported.

Consider ZMP as a drone with a lot of potential but absolutely not ready.. hubsan is releasing many updates, but at the moment the drone should be considered in "pre production", in my opinion

P.S.I checked my videos, are h.265
Thanks. The 8MP jpgs you mentioned is from the drone directly, or export from the raw file? I heard the ZMP can have 48MP jpg. Is it true?

dido1975

Post by dido1975 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:44 am

JoshW wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:17 pm
Thanks. The 8MP jpgs you mentioned is from the drone directly, or export from the raw file? I heard the ZMP can have 48MP jpg. Is it true?
At the moment I am not able to get files in any way, except connecting the drone drectly to the PC.
If you look at the release notes, Hubsan states that 48 MP pictures will be supported starting from October, 10th (if I remember well).
At the moment, with the new update, I am able to get a DNG file if I shot raw, and the raw is readable (before the update, the raw was unreadable).
Anyway, the DNG is completely under exposed (at least 8 stops!) and 8MP only.

From what I can see, Hubsan is improving day after day. But anyway, the quality at the moment is really under expectations.

me_b4749OpFaU

Post by me_b4749OpFaU » Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:20 pm

dido1975 wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:44 am
From what I can see, Hubsan is improving day after day. But anyway, the quality at the moment is really under expectations.
I don't believe this statement is true at all. Quite the opposite actually. Hubsan provides absolutely no support after the sale. They won't even return your emails, forum posts etc. If you have problems with the drone, you are pretty much on you own.

Ianimms1

Post by Ianimms1 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:28 am

me_b4749OpFaU wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:20 pm
dido1975 wrote:
I don't believe this statement is true at all. Quite the opposite actually. Hubsan provides absolutely no support after the sale. They won't even return your emails, forum posts etc. If you have problems with the drone, you are pretty much on you own.
Agree, they are improving by firmware updates - but thats only hopeful for those with working drones. Anyone like myself that has a fundamental issue more likely to be a fault with the unit are getting no response at all from hubsan. I have no Zoom (zooms on phone screen but not when video played back), camera twitch all the time, trouble with usb cable connecting and it drifts on its own dispite multiple calibration - I have no response from Hubsan whatsoever and consider it fit for the shelf. Otherwise would be great bit of kit! To buy it now is crazy, if you like the look of it keep your money in the bank for a couple of months and see if reviews pick up!

gregb490

Post by gregb490 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:00 am

Ianimms1 wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:28 am
..... I have no response from Hubsan whatsoever and consider it fit for the shelf. Otherwise would be great bit of kit! To buy it now is crazy, if you like the look of it keep your money in the bank for a couple of months and see if reviews pick up!
Sorry to hear that as mine is working quite well and I'm enjoying using it, but not enjoying fighting with updates and some dreadful support software.

There are issues to resolve and I don't like being used as a developer. It has the potential to be great, but your advice is sound. It isn't really ready for market, and yes, Hubsan doesn't answer any emails. I was about to cancel my order, because I could get no delivery date info from Hubsan, then it arrived! No pre warning.
Bugs4 & Bugs7w but now enjoying my Mini Pro 64GB (Firmware 1.2.9 - Sept 2021)

dido1975

Post by dido1975 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:55 am

me_b4749OpFaU wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:20 pm
dido1975 wrote:
I can understand your frustration, and I agree with you.
But in my case, I have answers from the support, and the drone is really usable

If you have so many problems, why don't you send it back?

BenMatthews

Post by BenMatthews » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:48 am

Hubsan support has been kind of Ok for me. I had a controller problem from day one when it prompted to update and the update failed, the connected phone drained the controller battery. I went home and controller wouldn't charge or turn on, I contacted support and they said you have to "short and long press" to complete the update, which I had been doing, but was trying to explain that the controller has no power ad will not charge.
After many emails they agreed to sent out a new controller, which I had a tracking number but never seemed to update and the destination country was incorrect. Anyway around a week later I just plugged it into my phone and then still managed to do the update with the controller off!, even though I was told many times being told by support staff that it had to be powered on!!

The problem is with Hubsan support is the language barrier and getting answers via email when you are in a different time zone also is frustrating as I would have to wait sometimes 2 days for a reply if I sent and email too late in the day.
the person that I got a reply from the most was jenny.zhao@hubsan.com

The first day I took the drone out it flew perfectly and everything worked flawlessly but now after a few more firmware updates to the controller and drone I had disconnections mid flight and luckily it just auto return to home and lands.
I have tested at home and "usb cable disconnected" still happens but happened on my old Zino pro also and the solution was to put the phone into airplane mode.
The only problem I have now is the Vision Calibration which always fails.