Zino Mini Pro

lkdoido

Re: Zino Mini Pro

Post by lkdoido » Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:42 am

Hello,

My drone arrived yesterday I did the unbox and I couldn't find the propellers, only later I verified that inside the bag on the upper flap there was another zipper and there were the propellers.

Follow the unboxing BR: https://youtu.be/wEKURMFgL_M

I haven't flown the drone yet and probably only next week will I be able to share the hits and misses.

Howzow

Post by Howzow » Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:08 pm

PLEASE HELP ANYONE WITH THE ZINO MINI PRO.

We received ours yesterday and are having problems charging the controller after attempting a firmware update.

Can anyone please if can you plug your controller in to charge and in a dark room look through the rear holes and let me know if you see any lights and if they are flashing on just on and the colour under normal charging.

me_0da3bRqEvy

Post by me_0da3bRqEvy » Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:16 pm

When it's charging there is a blue solid light more visible in the left side under the holes. I think it's an led there but could also be leaked light from the screen backlight that is also on (displaying CHANGING).
Miguel Silva

Howzow

Post by Howzow » Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:27 am

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I have a blue light but it's flashing randomly and the controller won't charge.

me_0da3bRqEvy

Post by me_0da3bRqEvy » Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:03 am

Howzow wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:27 am
Thanks for the reply. Yeah I have a blue light but it's flashing randomly and the controller won't charge.
Did you try another cable and another charger?
Miguel Silva

Crack75

Post by Crack75 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:01 pm

the latest firmware causes random connection losses between remote control and drone even a few meters away

darrellwilson

Post by darrellwilson » Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:55 pm

Hubsan has major problems my friends! I placed three orders, canceled two due to shipping dates and multiple lies from Hubsan China and USA. My third order was placed on a credit card, charged and invoiced. I sent an email checking on it and was told the order was canceled. Hubsan is a cluster FU#K. Now as I read all these problems that people who got one has I am pretty glad I will settle for the Fimi Mini and be happy! Again, Hubsan lied about the drone, drone capability, shipping delays, and false emails and order details. I guess this is a typical Chinese company! I wish all of you good luck with the paper weight!

Crack75

Post by Crack75 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:34 am

The drone has the promised hardware, it's just firmware update issues. For shipments I agree with you

Howzow

Post by Howzow » Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:15 pm

me_0da3bRqEvy wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:03 am
Howzow wrote:
Hi
Yes tried different cables, different chargers. Nothing works. Was on "charge" yesterday for 5 hours nothing displaying on the screen. Blue light flickering through the holes in the back and the screen backlight flickering randomly. It is meant to display the battery icon while it charges, but there's nothing. Hubsan are being useless and telling me I am not " short and long pressing" the power button. But how is meant to power up if the battery is dead and it won't take charge.

me_0da3bRqEvy

Post by me_0da3bRqEvy » Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:13 pm

Howzow wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:15 pm
me_0da3bRqEvy wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:03 am
Howzow wrote:
Hi
Yes tried different cables, different chargers. Nothing works. Was on "charge" yesterday for 5 hours nothing displaying on the screen. Blue light flickering through the holes in the back and the screen backlight flickering randomly. It is meant to display the battery icon while it charges, but there's nothing. Hubsan are being useless and telling me I am not " short and long pressing" the power button. But how is meant to power up if the battery is dead and it won't take charge.
I have been angry with all tech companies following Apple in the strategy of using internal batteries forcing expensive devices become almost disposable... As a tech enthusiast I certainly know that replacing a battery can solve half the problems and they have been making it harder to do it on smartphones and other devices.. i hope this trend goes away, hubsan is also using internal memory in this drone that I also try to avoid, but the other specs made it appealing and made me jump in (not the micro-USB ports). Hope the remote has a long battery life and is easy to replace...

Anyway, your issue could be related to a problem during the firmware update.. if cable plug becomes loose during update, or phone has some problem maybe caused firmware corruption, and in this case the only option I see is hubsan giving you an alternative way to reflash the remote firmware (maybe using another software on a computer)...

BTW I'm waiting for new firmware updates that should improve functionality (better video processing with no moire software filters and 4K HDR video), I wish there was a way to see if there is any new firmware updates available without the need to plug phone on remote and turn on the drone.. it should store what versions are being used on drone and remote and compare to what versions are available at the moment... the app should check that automatically on a daily basis and warn you when a new version becomes available... at least they should show somewhere online what is the latest version available and a description with release notes or version history (corrected bugs and new functionality).
Miguel Silva