Zino Mini Pro

darrellwilson

Re: Zino Mini Pro

Post by darrellwilson » Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:04 am

Who cares about a video that Hubsan sent out on How to Unbox a drone that has not even shipped! It is easy to unbox a make believe drone that does not exist! :lol: I want to know who has one, when I will get mine, and does this phantom drone even exist to be shipped. Looks like a lot of people have been duped by Hubsan.

darrellwilson

Post by darrellwilson » Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:39 am

OK, cancelled my order with this stupid company! They can't tell me when they will ship my drone, asked me personal questions about my travel plans and the NY Tekstra company could not find my order number. Lucky for me PayPal was who I sent money thru. It seems as though paypal has had numerous cancellations due to non shipment from Hubsan and was familiar with this situation. What a terrible company to deal with, distributor who cant find your order, distributor who has no phone number and no support person. Hubsan is going down hill fast and seems not to care that other customers and drone companies look at them as a China Joke!

BrandenburgTV

Post by BrandenburgTV » Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:52 pm

I wrote to the customer support of Hunsan lately to request the status of my order from May, and got this answer:

"Hello there

Thank you for your contact to us.
And your drone will ready to ship within 5working days, will also update the tracking code to you.

Kind regards,
order@hubsan.com
Hubsan Official Online Shop
http://shop.hubsan.com"

This answer came Monday, so I expect they will send it out until Friday.
...Let's see. :)

darrellwilson

Post by darrellwilson » Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:01 pm

Yea, I got an email from Hubsan that said mine would ship before Wednesday, well today is Wednesday and my order is pending on my account and no drone shipped. You cannot believe anything that the Chinese tell you at Hubsan. I am not even sure this drone exists at this point as so many lies have been told by the company and the retail people selling it.

darrellwilson

Post by darrellwilson » Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:02 pm

Here is what I got:
Hello there,

Sorry for our delay, your drone will begin to ship no late than Wendnesday.
I ask for where you will go, so that i can suggest you can change the address if you can't receive it before you are travelling.
If you really want to cancel the order, please advice again, thank you~

darrellwilson

Post by darrellwilson » Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:32 am

Well here is the latest lie or excuse. Hubsan China sent me an email and below is exactly quoted what it says:
Sorry dear, the drone not ready, and will ship maybe next week to you. Ha Ha, the drone is not ready and it is August 13th Friday! What a joke for all that pre-ordered. Good Luck on ever seeing this thing and Good Luck on support if you ever need it. I looked at Trust Pilot and Hubsan has a score of 2, that is pitiful from a company that brags about their drones so much.

BrandenburgTV

Post by BrandenburgTV » Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:21 am

Good news everyone, it has just arrived. 😃

Howzow

Post by Howzow » Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:32 am

@Brandenburg TV.
Hi what country are you in? Did you receive an email with tracking before it arrived?
Thanks

BrandenburgTV

Post by BrandenburgTV » Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:07 am

@howzow
I'm in Germany. And yes, after I wrote them an email like two weeks ago, asking, how my order has developed, I got an email back that my order would be shipped with 5 working days, after these 5 days had passed and still no notification, I once again wrote to them, and within a day I got the mail with the tracking# from fedex. At the end it's been delivered even a day earlier, and I was able to fly it yesterday for the first time. 🙂

Ok, those are the good news, now let me give you guys a first feedback:
When I was unpacking everything, I noticed that the box has been opened before already, means, the pack wasn't sealed. Also, the sender wasn't Hubsan, but some guy with a typical English name. The receipt, coming with the package stated a price of 80$, not explaining which dollars (there are plenty of countries in the world who are using $ signs for their currency). And I thought "ok?..."

After I had unpacked everything, I noticed, I had no spare propellers, so I wrote to Hubsan again, requesting them to send me the propellers. A while later I got back an email, asking me for "the video"... Huh? What video, what do they mean? A video of the nonexistent propellers?

On my mail back to them I still got no answer.
Also, still seeking for information on the Hubsan Care they offered, what it does and how to use it. The statement says like, "no worries on damage, loss, moisture" and so on, but how do I would have to use it is nowhere explained.

First flight experience:
First flight I took was in my spacey garden. After first updates on controller and drone I positioned the drone in the middle of the freeest space, about 5 meters (15 to 20 ft) around the drone. Started it, activated obstacle avoidance (where the controller started to beep constantly, even when it was up more than 30 meters in the air), and since the wind was that strong up there, the drone began to drift enormously off. So I had to switch in sport mode to make it return to my garden, normal mode was too week to bring it back. Because of this experience I decided to leave home and go in the fields for the beginning to check all functions.
While landing, I noticed that the accuracy of the return home function isn't quite safe, plus as it seems, obstacle avoidance seems not to work at this automatic function: The drone landed about 5 meters away from it's starting point, --and even worse--, it landed in one of our rose fences. I grabbed it quickly to prevent it from damage, but therefore, some of my propeller blades now have their first dents... :(

Under these stormy conditions I didn't want to make more tests in my garden, so I went out in the fields. That finally was fun. There are definitely a few bugs left, for instance, when I start flying, the gimbal seems to stuck (it seems as if it doesn't stabilize at all), after a while it gets smoother, but the cam isn't aligned to the horizon, and then all of a sudden it seems to work. Will make me getting in close touch to the Hubsan crew in the nearer future ;-)

I will go flying it some more today. It is definitely fun, especially when flying it near the ground in normal speed by trusting the obstacle avoidance so far... One more thing: It would make sense if you fly on a line that the drone would lift up when it comes too close to the ground; instead, the drone just stops. You would have to manually lift it then to go ahead. I'd wish it would do so by itself.

Ok, so far my first impressions. I've already made a first video, but unfortunately filmed my license plate on the car..., so I'm going to first process and cut some material on my computer before I upload it to youtube.

I hope you guys will get your orders quite soon as well. Hope reading more tips and hints here at the forum.

Howzow

Post by Howzow » Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:22 am

Ok. Great. Hopefully hear something soon. Did you update the software and do compass and gimbal calibration before flying?