What does forced stop with outer eight bar mean?

fvdk

What does forced stop with outer eight bar mean?

Post by fvdk » Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:56 pm

From page 14 of the manual:
When flying in the air, the motor can be forced to stop in 2
seconds with outer eight bar. Use this function with caution, as it
can cause the aircraft to fall and may endanger personal safety.

What does this exactly mean or how is it done?
It sounds like it is possible to stop the engines in mid flight if you are not careful.

me_b4749OpFaU

Re: What does forced stop with outer eight bar mean?

Post by me_b4749OpFaU » Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:58 pm

I'm not sure what the "outer 8 bar" means either.

But I can tell you that you CAN shut the motors down by pulling both joysticks in the down positions (just like you do when you start the drone). - Left Joystick in appx the 7 o'clock position and the Right Joystick in the appx 5 o'clock position will stop power to the motors - even in flight.

It's a little harder to do (in flight) than you might think though. You have to keep the sticks in that downward position for about 3 seconds or so. While it's more than possible to do , that position for both left and right sticks at the same time is kind of "un-natural" for normal / non-aggressive flying. But it's not impossible , so be aware of it.
Last edited by me_b4749OpFaU on Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fvdk

Post by fvdk » Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:58 pm

Thanks, I thought that it might be possible that way and it is probably what they mean. For obvious reasons I did not want to try it but it is certainly good to know.

me_b4749OpFaU

Post by me_b4749OpFaU » Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:51 pm

You can always try it with the drone idling safely on the ground. (Then imagine it dropping from the sky ! ) That's a lot more fun than actually trying it in mid flight... :lol: