New EU regulations & CE category markings - Hubsan position & plans?

MSBothmann

New EU regulations & CE category markings - Hubsan position & plans?

Post by MSBothmann » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:50 am

Hi!

New EU regulation has come into force as of 2020-12-31 after which drones must be classified in categories (C0->C6) and have an identification marking to allow them to be flown in the "open category" in classes A1, A3 (and A2) depending on weight (and other factors such as speed). Drones without C category marking will be regarded as "legacy drones" and basically prohibited from 2023-07-01 as they will then be transferred to the "specific" category, which requires individual autohorization.

I'm in the process of purchasing a drone and considers either the Zino 2 og Zino Pro+, but don't want to buy something which will be obsolete within a few years.

May question is how Hubsan plans to address and implement these new requirements and if I purchase a drone from Hubsan.com or a distributor noew whether it will have the required C category identification marking? Or if not, when (and how) I can expect to be able to purchase a drone which will conform to the new EU regulation?

I look very much forward to any information on this, as I will probably not want to invest in a new drone before compliance with the new rules are implemented.

Kind regards,
Martin

me_28e46c3FFn

Re: New EU regulations & CE category markings - Hubsan position & plans?

Post by me_28e46c3FFn » Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:10 am

Hello,
Will Hubsan's support reply to problems described in this post?

Kind regards
Pawel