Zino Pro+ compass error

TheRuthlessMonk

Zino Pro+ compass error

Post by TheRuthlessMonk » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:44 am

Got my new pro+ and took it for a flight today on the return flight the screen came up with a compass error, I managed to get the drone back and land but it was toilet bowling like crazy . Done a compass calibration and drone wouldn’t take off keep saying compass error so took drone home. Just in case there was new firmware I downloaded and updated all firmware , done a compass calibration, gimbal calibration, horizontal calibration and IMU calibration after that I took it back out, first flight was good when out and landed with no issue. 2nd flight went out 600mts return to home kicked in as battery getting low and then got the compass error again bad toilet bowling managed to get it back land i t but drone was flying sideways,

I have just done all imu calibration and compass calibration again and again, Flight 1 went out and returned with no issues. Flight 400mts flight out ok no issues return flight (use returnn to home), drone started toilet bowling but landed stately no compass error until landed but here the bit i find good my max altitude on the flight data is 9060mts (i never fly above 100mts) every time i get a compass issue the max altitude in the app reaches between 7000 and 9000mts, Also after landing the drone altitude keeps rising and lowering.

So before I send it back and get my money back anyone have any ideas what else I can do to try and fix the issue, don’t want to take it apart as not sure about warranty issue, any help would be great

FelipeChief

Re: Zino Pro+ compass error

Post by FelipeChief » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:14 pm

It occurs to me that it could also be a GPS failure or an area where the signal is intervened, this could cause the compass not to work since it depends on satellite geolocation, you could check how many satellites are connected at the time of the failure of the compass?

If not, I wouldn't know that you could be making the compass fail.

TheRuthlessMonk

Re: Zino Pro+ compass error

Post by TheRuthlessMonk » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:56 pm

ok thank ns for the help. rubbish weather at the moment but as soon as it clears up a bit i will check that out.
thanks for the help