Zino gone forever!

501Pete

Re: Zino gone forever!

Post by 501Pete » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:57 am

Djose24 wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:16 am
So if the battery drops by 20%, the zino performs RTH and does not leave from the button of the station (pressing half a second) do nothing ???. If so, you could implement in the firmware that instead of giving 40% notice, that you have the option of 30% in the app with the options to return automatically and at what height before proceeding. So these bad moments would not happen
The failsafe depends entirely on how far you are away from the takeoff point (arming point) and the current battery voltage.
It is dynamic and calculates available power against distance to home. It will trigger at 90% if you're far enough away :o
It does not happen at a fixed voltage (or % capacity) [ iwish Hubsan would show the actual battery voltage].
The failsafe is a PITA and I wish it was not there, or at least have the option to disable it.
A warning is all that is needed. If I want to RTH I can use my finger when "I" decide the time is right. ;)

Djose24

Post by Djose24 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:34 pm

I really doubt that he has the ability to know the distance and the capacity of the battery to make a flight safer. It would be a good option to implement a new line in your algorithm or programming that from a%, distance and height return or give notice in the application.

me_95698clKrv

Post by me_95698clKrv » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:12 pm

peterkng wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:50 am
Must have been the Australia Day weekend for it :cry: . While out testing FC 1.0.47 I was flying a bit too fast into a turn and clipped a tree, Zino fell about 2 metres to the ground. No apparent damage but on the next flight gimbal would not hold horizontal. No errors in app gimbal normal? Have tried everything to fix it. Pulled battery, gimbal calibration, reloaded firmware even the old push the cable reset. Nothing, horizontal axis motor has zero power yaw still works. I contacted Alisa to see if I could purchase a spare camera/gimbal as the crash was my fault and I wanted to repair the Zino, camera and gimbal is only held in by 4 rubber grommets and 2 press fit ribbon cables so is an easy replacement. I use to build gimbals on picavets using Storm32 cards back in my kite photography days.

Reply from Alisa was no gimbal or camera for replacement because of complex Zino construction. What a crock I repair phones and other ICT equipment as part of my work and a Zino is about as complex as my Sons radio controlled toy cars. Hubsan have ESCs, motors, power boards etc...on the Zino spare parts page for sale. These items require soldering and tearing the Zino down way more than the replacement of the camera and gimbal.

Almost all camera drones have the camera available as a spare part because in a crash it is the most likely thing to break. The Zino is designed with the camera and gimbal relatively easy to remove and replace so :?:

Failure to provide proper spares is a big fail on Hubsan's part, along with their poor documentation and other reported customer service failures. The Zino is not a bad drone especially at the price point but I suspect it is doomed to fail due to poor support from Hubsan.

Might have to see how the Fimi X8 SE reviews birthday is in March and my 501S is still going strong Zino might just have become my disposable still photography drone for my boat :D
me_075d7ydEYr wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:24 am
Just for reference, what's the procedure to abort RTH? Does manual input on either stick do the trick?
Push the RTH button again.
Hello, In my case I need the main board and also say they do not sell, although it is in the list of spares

Only the drone has a price of 299£

me_3894dpwLeC

Post by me_3894dpwLeC » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:46 pm

you can buy a fully boxed zino for £329 with everything included!!!!

me_8b6feMbB27

Post by me_8b6feMbB27 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:59 pm

..... but you cant buy good firmware.... :D

Mavros777

Post by Mavros777 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:18 pm

299 pounds. Yes what's the point. Might as well buy the whole damn thing for a little more. This droning hobby is expensive stuff. One crash and that's hundreds of dollars gone. At least I didn't crash a mavic. Then I would cry.

peterkng

Post by peterkng » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:47 pm

Mavros777 wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:18 pm
299 pounds. Yes what's the point. Might as well buy the whole damn thing for a little more. This droning hobby is expensive stuff. One crash and that's hundreds of dollars gone. At least I didn't crash a mavic. Then I would cry.
Or get a Fimi A3 or put it towards a Fimi X8 SE or I might even turn into a DJI fanboy and get a Mavic Air :) I like the ZIno just not Hubsan's way of doing business very much fixing things on the fly with no apparent development, testing or support plan.

My money will be better spent elsewhere I will keep my Zino as a still camera Quad for risky flying, that if I lose I will not care about. Which was always my intended purpose for it as a reasonable inexpensive Quad. As you said losing a Mavic hurts a lot more :mrgreen:

Phildu17

Post by Phildu17 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:54 am

Bonjour,
CQFD !!!

Mavros777

Post by Mavros777 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:31 am

Well I bought a replacement. 299usd for the drone only with a battery. What can I do, I love droning. The zino has issues (minor really) but for the seven weeks I had my first one, I took great videos and photos. Over beaches and oceans, rivers, forest, islands, the city. I was looking at videos from my h501s and I forgot how unwatchable they are with the lack of gimbal. They were making me dizzy. While I'm waiting for my replacement, I'll fly my h501s again (it hasn't had any use for 7 weeks) just to get my drone fix. Also the first thing I'll change is rth to controller with the zino as default. My old drone will be like the titanic. Maybe someone will come across it one day covered with barnacles.