Software enhancement suggestions

me_157abXgZCo

Software enhancement suggestions

Post by me_157abXgZCo » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:23 am

Maybe we can collect all software suggestions in one thread.
@Hubsan-Ailsa, as discussed you should make the "Support"-Thread" (which is focussed on hardware, general problems, how-to's, eg) and this one sticky, so they stay on top.

1. custom height for RTH: user setting for a defined height the drone has to climb before RTH

2. Imperial units
Status: included in App with ver 1.6.4 (Android) and 3.7.0 (iOS)

3. better/smoother control of dorne movements, especially yaw and gimbal tilt; suggestion is joystick sensitivity as user setting

4. Rotors in video/pictures: Implement an algorithm (maybe as optional setting), that the speed of the drone will be reduced, the more the gimbal is in the horizontal position. This could be also differentiated be between the "normal" and "sport" modes.

For all general questions, please refer to https://forum.hubsan.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1471
Last edited by me_157abXgZCo on Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

501Pete

Re: Software enhancement suggestions

Post by 501Pete » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:52 am

5. Fix Bugs in Android Flight log:
a. does not record negative altitude, (never goes below zero)
b. does not record Wifi signal strength (always -127dBm in log file)

6. Allow manual override (or allow custom height) of the slow descent parameter that starts at +2.5m

7. Provide 2 more flight modes, Altitude hold and fully manual.
(this could be switched by using one of the redundant camera switches or a press on a control stick)

8.Allow full programmable, selectable control rates (Including gimbal pitch)
Both pre programmed and Custom expo should should be available through the App. (you already provide preset expos for virtual sticks :o )
Selection should be made available via a switch (again allow user remapping of the redundant controller switches)

9. allow switching of Gimbal to "Locked" or Aircraft mode during flight.

10. Provide an API or an export function to allow log data to be imported to one of the many flight viewer applications.

11. Show the real battery voltage, not the percentage remaining.

12. allow override of auto landing on low battery.

13. allow yaw control whilst the Zino is in RTH (before it starts to descend).

14. allow throttle (Altitude) control whilst the Zino is in RTH (before it starts to descend).

me_8e23cCHjg7

Post by me_8e23cCHjg7 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:15 pm

Put gps data in the meta of the picture

me_28b68NLTYo

Post by me_28b68NLTYo » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:55 pm

I would add the possibility to select. Video mp4, or move uncompressed. Video V-log, or f-log. And all the professional photo options, (raw photo, shutter speed, etc. etc.) is really bad to see the compression artifacts in the videos. 🤔🤔 The quality video will upgrade in the future.... I hope. 👍🏼👍🏼

Aggiungerei la possibilità di registrare video in mp4 oppure file mov, senza compressione. (oppure mp4 a 100mb/s..brutto vedere gli artefatti della compressione video. 😢.
E poi aggiungerei le opzioni fotografiche avanzate come shutter speed, e il file raw...
Il comparto video deve migliorare molto!!. ☺️😯🤔

Mavros777

Post by Mavros777 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:10 pm

16. Fix video jello is fadeaway shots.

17. Fix video jitter in following mode when yawing

This is a great list btw

me_157abXgZCo

Post by me_157abXgZCo » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:52 am

Mavros777 wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:10 pm
16. Fix video jello is fadeaway shots.
17. Fix video jitter in following mode when yawing
This is a great list btw
Thanks Mavros, but I think these are not "software enhancements"; as you allready stated, it´s more towards "bugfixing"...? I´m not shure, if should put these into the "support" topic, or if it´s a seperate one?
I hope Hubsan/Ailsa finally sets up a better structure and makes topics sticky as proposed, in order keep things together and not scattered around the whole place.

@Ailsa, please discuss internally, what your strategy/structure will be, it does not only help us as customers, but also you in order to not miss any points, and just put a feedback in one of the let´s say 3 topics (general support - bugs - software enhancements) if it´s done.
Additionally, we would like to have an at least bi-weekly feedback on the status of these points (aka 'acknowleged', 'better description needed', 'forwarded to R&D',...)

me_157abXgZCo

Post by me_157abXgZCo » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:57 am

me_28b68NLTYo wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:55 pm
I would add the possibility to select. Video mp4, or move uncompressed. Video V-log, or f-log. And all the professional photo options, (raw photo, shutter speed, etc. etc.) is really bad to see the compression artifacts in the videos. 🤔🤔 The quality video will upgrade in the future.... I hope. 👍🏼👍🏼
Thanks - but can you please elaborate further on what you mean with "V-log or f-log"? Depending your video quality wishes - based on which camera FW?

me_28b68NLTYo

Post by me_28b68NLTYo » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:16 pm

me_157abXgZCo wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:57 am
me_28b68NLTYo wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:55 pm
Thanks - but can you please elaborate further on what you mean with "V-log or f-log"? Depending your video quality wishes - based on which camera FW?
This drone is becoming very professional. 👍🏼 And it would be nice to have the same advanced possibilities present in the Dji drones, xiaomi etc etc. Above all, as regards video and photo settings .. Exemple: raw dng file. etc. etc. Video: v-log color profiles, f-log for professional editing..and Full HD video compression 100mb / sec.😊😅
.nice Hubsan.. Good work for your cool zino project👍🏼

Djose24

Post by Djose24 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:50 am

15. When the zino is at 30% battery, we have the option of returning home, letting adjust the height in the app, and choose if it comes to the point where I take off or where the station is.