Airplane mode?

fytrjok

Airplane mode?

Post by fytrjok » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:05 am

After reading that several Zino pilots have lost signal during flight when they received an incoming cellphone call, I was wondering if switching to "airplane mode" to disable incoming calls would be recommended. Ailsa?

me_157abXgZCo

Re: Airplane mode?

Post by me_157abXgZCo » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:44 am

On the one hand, this is a good recommendation for older devices, since it defenitely lowers the demand to the system, and also helps to not being distracted by incoming message notifications and so on.
As far as I can see, the only downside would be that you can not use all the creative flying modes like trackpoint flying, because they depend on map material, which is transferred by network I think.

fytrjok

Post by fytrjok » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:56 am

Airplane mode turns off mobile network comms, data, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. I bound the Zino indoors, turned off and on airplane mode and checked the map in both configurations. The aircraft orientation reflected accurately on the map, changed as I re-oriented and I could zoom and scroll the map. I can only assume the aircraft's indicated map position will change during flight regardless of airplane mode setting. Since activating airplane mode reduces the processing drain on the phone, it can focus on the drone. I won't be able to fly until the weather improves to confirm if the waypoint and other map dependent functions will behave. Should be interesting!

Hubsan-Ailsa

Post by Hubsan-Ailsa » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:05 am

Hello fytrjok,

Yes,You can switching to airplane mode to disable incoming calls

Will support the transmitter control the Zino directly.

Any details will update in the Hubsan official website at the first time.