Lost confidence

dogstar7

Re: Lost confidence

Post by dogstar7 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:06 am

jstremmler wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:21 am

And I am not a newbie. I own 26 multicopters and 24 of them I built by myself.....

Juergen
Every problem I have experienced with ZINO has been received with a response that one way or another accuses me of user error. I am either not calibrating correctly or I have not done the firmware upgrade in the correct sequence or I am not using the correct SD chip, etc., etc., ...

Enough of the gaslighting

ZINO is poorly engineered:
The ribbon antennae in the front are inadequate to maintain TX connection
The camera gimbal is fragile and unprotected
The game style controller is totally incapable of precision commands
Flight characteristics are erratic and prone to uncontrolled movements resulting in crash
The battery charging converter module overheats and should be considered dangerous on many surfaces
These are just the problems I can think of off the top of my head

I'm done
I wish to return my ZINO for factory repairs since the camera gimbal will not stop shaking
Maybe I got a "lemon", I don't know
But right now I'm frustrated

501Pete

Post by 501Pete » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:13 pm

dogstar7 wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:06 am

ZINO is poorly engineered:
Fair enough. So
The ribbon antennae in the front are inadequate to maintain TX connection
In what way are they inadequate? They are printed PCB antennas with a decent performance (3dBi Gain)
I'm not sure what else you'd use that would provide any better coverage and gain.
Saying that I have never seen any signal drop outs before 1Km (the limit of the hardware) or when flying in the deep null off the antenna ends.
I thought most peoples disconnects were the AP resetting that has been sort of done to death on here.
The camera gimbal is fragile and unprotected
It is fragile, but that goes with the territory I think. You have the same issue with any micro gimbal. Even DJI users suffer from heavy handedness.
I think the gimbal protector is excellent for travel, and the gimbal protection circuitry appears to work very well too.
The game style controller is totally incapable of precision commands
I'd hardly say it's totally incapable. I can get reasonable precision out of mine. I'll agree ( and I mentioned it in my video) that the sticks are far too short. Gear the gimbals down by adding 10mm of extension and it's a world of difference.
I think it's only a matter of time before Hubsan provide some "expo" settings to "open up" the sub 25% area a bit.
Adding different sticks is a simple, cheap mod.
Flight characteristics are erratic and prone to uncontrolled movements resulting in crash
I've not experienced anything that would come close to causing a crash.
I called the early FC firmware "squirily". FC 1.0.46 is really nice however (in comparison to earlier releases)
I think most peoples issues are related to the controller point above, lack of low end sensitivity and linear response coupled with inadequate length sticks, and probably being a "stick slapper" too. ;)
The battery charging converter module overheats and should be considered dangerous on many surfaces
Can't comment, mine is still in the box I assume.

I intend doing a written review once I break the 100 flight barrier (only a couple to go).
I've noted the above and will try and cover any shortcomings in that.

Bellerophon

Post by Bellerophon » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:47 pm

All of the points @501pete made, plus it's a $369 drone, not a $1500 Mavic! I continue to be amazed at what Hubsan included on the Zino for $369. I could buy 4 Zinos for what I paid for my Mavic.

dogstar7

Post by dogstar7 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:26 pm

I'm not here to debate anyone
Glad you're satisfied
It just so happens that I'm not and I chose this forum to say so

Bellerophon

Post by Bellerophon » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:35 pm

dogstar7 wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:26 pm
I'm not here to debate anyone
Glad you're satisfied
It just so happens that I'm not and I chose this forum to say so
Absolutely, I know your issues with the drone are real, and ofcourse it is your right post. No disrespect intended.