Zino flew off on its own... I want a refund or replacement immediately

76wdaniels

Zino flew off on its own... I want a refund or replacement immediately

Post by 76wdaniels » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:27 am

Hubsan-Alisa,

Your continued disconnection problems have finally caused a major issue -
My Zino tonight flew off into the distance of it own accord never to be seen again.
I took it up tonight to get some footage of a really nice sunset at my house. i had a few disconnects but nothing unusual at first and they all recovered.
After bringing the Zino down i adjusted the video settings and took her back up to around 50 mt and then activated line fly for 100 metres out. After the Zino completed the line fly it lost connection, but instead of returning home when it lost connection the zino decided to continue forward and disappear into the sunset.
The Zino had about 28% battery. All firmware has been updated recently as per instructions and was successful.
I am leaving for Thailand in 19 days and had just registered this drone for flight so i could document my travels.
This is an unacceptable situation HUBSAN!
I would like a response confirming a FULL refund or a replacement Zino within 24 hours or i will be initiating legal action under Australian consumer laws.

Attached are the only screen shots i could grab.
1 shows the flight log with the last log being 0 m distance 44.4m altitude and this is about 4 or 5 minutes before i lost the drone.
2 is the pilot score which not surprisingly does not even show this flight

I have loved using this drone despite its issues but im sorry Hubsan, your software issues have caused me to lose my drone.
This is HUBSAN's fault
Attachments
Screenshot_20190121-210027_X-Hubsan.jpg
Screenshot_20190121-210027_X-Hubsan.jpg (308.34 KiB) Viewed 3272 times
Screenshot_20190121-210151_X-Hubsan.jpg
Screenshot_20190121-210151_X-Hubsan.jpg (399.03 KiB) Viewed 3272 times

Hubsan-Ailsa

Re: Zino flew off on its own... I want a refund or replacement immediately

Post by Hubsan-Ailsa » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:35 am

Hello 76wdaniels ,

I email you for the flight log to further checking this disconnection issue.thanks

76wdaniels

Post by 76wdaniels » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:37 am

i am waiting for your email
Not sure what more i can provide but happy to provide what i can........As long as i am getting a replacement or refund.

Gorillaman

Post by Gorillaman » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:42 am

I have a few Hubsan products that all use the X-Hubsan App. Every one of them has disconnect issues. I had (HAD) a H216a that did the exact same thing. Only it had 80% battery... never to be seen again. And that was 2 days after I got it back from Hubsan who said it was working perfectly. I had expected the updates to the App since then had fixed this issue. Apparently .. Not !

isldoors

Post by isldoors » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:20 pm

Come on Hubsan get it right.

76wdaniels

Post by 76wdaniels » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:49 pm

It's a joke really.
I had the Zino less than a month and the first time I flew it was the only time I never had a connection issue.
Probably had the chance to do less than 12 flights Total.
Always ekpt the dronein line of sight because of the connection issues. Even if it was just the flashing led I could see.
Over the weekend my spare battery and charge cables and new charger as well as lipo bags for my upcoming trip arrived.
On top of that I just registered it in Thailand which cost over $100 and is serial number specific to the drone.
And now this. I'll go hunting again for it today but where the flight log says it ended up is in a backyard and the people were nice enough to let me look yesterday just in case. It wasn't there.
I'm 100% positive that is just where the app lost all tentative connection and the Zino kept going.
Not happy at all that a $500 + investment has disappeared like this through no fault of my own

akifoktar

Post by akifoktar » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:52 pm

Lower speed sd cards than u3 makes disconnections. What was your sd card?

76wdaniels

Post by 76wdaniels » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:10 pm

akifoktar wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:52 pm
Lower speed sd cards than u3 makes disconnections. What was your sd card?
akifoktar- definitely not the SD card. It's a brand new Samsung Evo plus bought specifically for the Zino and used in nothing else.

josdoss

Post by josdoss » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:17 pm

file system inside the SD Card?

PeaUK

Post by PeaUK » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:56 pm

my H216A fell out if the sky and crashed into a concrete footpath when I received a phone call. It was about 6 weeks old. I couldn't get hold of Hubsan and the cost of repair (by my local hobby shop) was quoted as £60, so I had to buy another H216A. Hubsan Shally.Lui has recently replied to my messages...and I MIGHT get a drone bag and new motors and control board (to replace the faulty parts) as compensation (they asked me to wait till after Chinese New Year as they are busy)
Pea
(YouTube: Pea's Kites & Drones)