Problems after the last firmware update.

techcop50

Problems after the last firmware update.

Post by techcop50 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:41 am

This is for Ailsa, I tried a PM and got no response. Anyone else with credible feedback is invited to chime in. Thanks.
I was able to do the first set of updates without a hitch, and I decided to install the January 9th update as soon as I learned about it, on the 10th.
All seemed to go fine, no hiccups at all. When I rebooted and reconnected, it was easier and faster than before. But connecting was all it would do. No video feed whatsoever from the camera, just a black background on the app, with the telemetry and the ability to tilt the gimbal. It levels out and responds as it should, staying on the horizon. I even found I could fire up the motors...but no video, and the camera won't record either, not stills or videos. When I press the record button it says "unable to complete" or something similar. Tried 2 different Androids and my iPhone 5, all worked previously. So, I tried re-flashing the firmware, 3 times with the latest release, in order, and just as shown in the video. Then I tried to "roll back" to the December firmware; not a good idea. Now the drone won't connect at all, and it seems that no wi-fi signal is coming from the ZINO at all.
Ailsa, please help. Never crashed, only flown twice, and now it appears to be 'bricked". What to do? Thanks in advance. :?: :?: :?: :oops:
"Crashing and Patching Since 2015"
Phantom 3 Standard, Phantom 4 Pro, Mavic Pro, Hubsan X4 Storm, ZINO (One day :D)

Gregory

Re: Problems after the last firmware update.

Post by Gregory » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:37 am

I'm curious if you just did the camera firmware only or if you did all three. If you did all three then I would delete the files from the computer and redownload the files from the website because sometimes they can get corrupted during download. I really hope this helps.

techcop50

Post by techcop50 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:14 pm

Did that, re-downloaded as soon as I saw issues. All steps each time.
I should have named this thing "ET", I think it wants to go home... :D :D :D
Thanks for the reply!
"Crashing and Patching Since 2015"
Phantom 3 Standard, Phantom 4 Pro, Mavic Pro, Hubsan X4 Storm, ZINO (One day :D)

ncharley

Post by ncharley » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:58 pm

Same exact problem I have, Hubsan has pissed me off no response for my problems. This drone has to many bugs to be fun. Hubsan needs to fix many of these issues. I don’t take excuses from them. My drone is unflyabke and I am at the point to not even try anymore.

fb_76d73eJwu0

Post by fb_76d73eJwu0 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:44 pm

I have the same problem!
After the last upgrade, I get from the camera no wifi connection more. Wanted to play the old software again, which did not work anymore.
I tried all the possibilities and nothing worked.
What has happened there? Please help!

Jeffkwame

Post by Jeffkwame » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:48 pm

Hi, lnwaz have the same issue when let did the update for the camera. The problem is that , you have to do all three update. When you get into the SD card option you have to format the SD card and then put the two file from the camera folding the fpv one you know the file you have to put on the SD card right. After that put the SD card in the drone and power up the drone. That what did to fix.

irussphone

Post by irussphone » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:00 pm

Have you MADE SURE that your SD CARD is FAT32 formatted?

I just went through a myriad of problems that are now traced to my 128gb Samsung SD CARD that was formatted with EXFAT (Windows 10) and apparently doesn't let the firmware update the camera. I saw that the FC firmware number advanced to 1.0.46 but didn't pay attention that the camera "FPV" version wasn't updating. It caused my Zino not to connect at all.

Long story short, I reformatted my SD CARD to FAT32 with a third party software and went back and updated only the camera part (last part on Hubsan video) and it worked great and connected three times in a row last night and flew only 50 meters or so cos it was getting dark but photos and videos looking good.

gsdipo

Post by gsdipo » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:16 am

My Zeno has been flying great from day one. But after this last update on the camera, I no longer have FPV. Can not take photos/ videos and will not recognize the camera at all. Everything will connect and the gimbal will move. I've done the FAT32 format on the card before adding the two files for the camera update. The file downloaded okay, (flashing light). All other functions work as they should. I tried to reinstall the firmware again but it will not reinstall the camera firmware,( no blinking red light) Right now I am at a dead end at what to do. Very disappointed now I wish I would never did the last update. Any ideas?

Hubsan-Ailsa

Post by Hubsan-Ailsa » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:14 am

Hello ,

May I know if you notice the little red LED flashing rapidly next to the microSD card during the upgrade. The upgrade is completed once the rapid flashing stops. If the upgrade does not complete properly, you may lose connection between the drone and its controller until the upgrade is successfully conducted (or you may notice no WiFi signal from the drone). If you're having problems getting the camera upgrade to start (no rapid flashing LED), then try using a different SD card for the upgrade.Kindly remember to format your SD card to FAT 32.

I will email you for further checking

gsdipo

Post by gsdipo » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:38 am

Alisa, yes the red light was flashing during the camera update and I waited until it finish flashing completely before I removed it. I did all the previous updates the same way and had no issues and the previous updates worked perfectly. I didn't do anything different on this latest update. The SD card was formatted in FAT32 as instructed on the hubsan video. The problem I'm having is, now that these latest updates are complete I cannot update then again. I go through the update procedure and now the red light won't flash, I assume this is because it has already updated compeletey and will not overwrite the update again. And I have tried to use another SD card. With the same result. All I'm getting is a black screen on the app, everything else on the phone app works as it should except I have no fpv and of course no photo / video.