Zino support

Hubsan-Ailsa

Zino support

Post by Hubsan-Ailsa » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:13 am

Dear Zino Fans

To make it easier for you all to find the Zino tutorials , we hereby summerized some solution .

Welcome to share all your kindly suggestion .

1.WiFi disconnection
1.Did you update all Zino Firmware (FC,Gimbal,IT firmware)to the latest one?
Firmware tutorial video
https://youtu.be/arwy1iGjaPY
You should notice the little red LED flashing rapidly next to the microSD card during the upgrade. The upgrade is completed once the rapid flashing stops. If the upgrade does not complete properly, you may lose connection between the drone and its controller until the upgrade is successfully conducted (or you may notice no WiFi signal from the drone). If you're having problems getting the camera upgrade to start (no rapid flashing LED), then try using a different SD card for the upgrade.Kindly remember to format your SD card to FAT 32.
2.Waiting for the transmitter led light solid and connect the phone and transmitter by the USB cable.Then check if there shows charging status in the battery.
3. Zino Bind tutorial video
https://youtu.be/0Q28_7PK42Y
4.Android device tutorial
https://www.hubsan.com/na/index.php?main_page=support
5.WiFi disconnects during flight
https://forum.hubsan.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1403&start=10#p6643

2.Android device list which work well with Zino
https://forum.hubsan.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1410

3.Android App 1.6.4
1.Add imperial units.
2.Solve the issue of not being able to use line flight in some languages and "download error message"
3.You can send the flight log to us directly for further checking .

4.Error code Zino 0x0004
Solution:The Zino Gimbal reset video and picture
https://youtu.be/yKQ2-3T3zkY

5. Can I still cut rth off by a short press on the remote control RTH button when the Zino show disconnection during flight and start RTH ?
1. it can't cut RTH off by short press on the RTH button during RTH flight because of disconnection .
If the Zino Wifi connect again during RTH ,it will back to hover and not active RTH function.

6.Hubsan APP will no longer support the Android version below 5.0 on April 2019, because it will be too old and lead to a lot of use problems

7. There just have shape difference with the round camera (old version) and the square camera(Latest version),Not function difference

8.The Iphone 3.7.0 APP version released.
Add Imperial unit
Optimize transmitter connection tutorial
Add transmitter connection status reminder

9.Zino transmitter calibration
Push both sticks to the upper left corner and power on the transmitter simultaneously.rotate both sticks in circles for three times ,release both sticks,then press any button for 1.5 seconds until three quick Beep heard which indicates a successfful calibration.

10.Soft focus and compressed picture
The latest camera firmware ITV0.3.3 optimized this issue.
Attachments
Gimbal reset button.jpg
Gimbal reset button.jpg (546.35 KiB) Viewed 4120 times

SkillPig

Re: Zino support

Post by SkillPig » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:27 am

Thanks Alissa,

I am really impressed with the leaps forward you've made since release.

I agree the camera is not operating to is design specification right now but after seeing how well you have dealt with the drone firmware I am very optimistic about your ability to give us the best out of the camera.

I have some feedback you may want or be able to answer.

1) RTH - perhaps a user defined RTH program is a good idea - ie rise to 50 meters and then proceed home.
2) When the drone loses connection and RTH auto starts - once the signal re establishes between pilot ans drone the RTH function is cancelled (sometimes). This is a bad idea as people may not be aware the drone is not on the way home.
3) Geo-fencing - I really feel (with the current media fear mongering in the UK) that Geo-fencing is a strong idea. An altitude limit is not the worst idea but should probably be user defined
4) True altitude. The current reading is against point of origin meaning that the alt reading is all but useless. You have a detailed Ordnance Survey map so why not reference against that to reflect true altitude. Due to living on a hill I remain under 120m at all times in accordance with the UK drone code, but I know that my real altitude has been much higher due to the contours of the terrain.
5) Flight log - while all functions on my drone work perfectly - my flight log never populates a with a map - so my distances always read 0 m and I don't get a visual record of my flight path. It worries me that one day this may effect my RTH again.

Finally please can you lay to rest this rumor - as my experience indicates it might be true and I would rather know. The camera does appear to be an upscaled 2700 px camera. The 4k footage has many errors and glitched that should not be there. I cant see that this is software related but I am no expert. I also don't care too much as I am finding 1080 is the optimum setting for my usage but would be nice to know the truth as my brother is a Film industry professional and was asking if he can use my drone on his projects. At the minute soft focus and glitchy 4k prevent this.

I know you are all getting a lot of negative feedback - from my perspective you are doing very well. Keep it up

me_157abXgZCo

Post by me_157abXgZCo » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:21 am

Hi Ailsa,

thanks for wrapping it up!!
My suggestions:
  1. add this information regarding the WiFi disconnects https://forum.hubsan.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1403&start=10#p6643, as per my research on YT all disconnects have been while hovering vertical above the controller!
  2. related to 1., is there a suggestion how to better arrange the two antennas (one to the left/one to the right, or...)
  3. make it Sticky, so that it stays on top
  4. add another topic (sticky) for feature suggestions as SkillPig's
  5. maybe delete additional messages by users, as soon as you have incorporated the findings / suggestions, so you know what has been collected, and the topics stay clear

francisyongsw

Post by francisyongsw » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:42 am

Please do not add geo-fencing - not having is one of the reasons I purchased the Zino - I would have gone to 'the other one' (my budget was up to USD1200). Or make it an option for download

francisyongsw

Post by francisyongsw » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:28 am

My connection order:
1. Switch on Zino(25sec booting)
2. Switch on the transmitter(wait for 4 steady blue lights - 20sec)
3. Meanwhile, open Hubsan App, ensure wifi on the phone is off, place phone on transmitter
4. Connect OTG cable(then again wait - 35sec)
5. If still no connection after 35 sec, re-insert the OTG cable
6. After connection, follow calibration instructions
7. Insert microSD(new card) and format

Other support info(i. e., my mistakes :D ) : Note: Mine is a good drone, flies well with latest app/updates/Android 8 (only fine-tuning required)

1. Do not format the exFAT microSD on my Windows 10 laptop - it reverts to exFAT instead of remaining FAT32. Formatting on the drone removes photos/videos only and will not remove Events and pictures folders - I use this to remove videos after I've transferred to the laptop

2. After a successful flight(and compass North calibration) on the 1st battery, do not calibrate the 2nd battery with the drone facing South (I did, absentmindedly, during testing). An 'erroneous compass setting, please move drone and perform compass calibration again' warning will come on. No flights possible. This warning will not go off, even if the drone is relocated and calibrated pointing North (I use a Silva pocket compass). I had to re-install the battery, reboot the drone before everything gets back to normal.
Last edited by francisyongsw on Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

francisyongsw

Post by francisyongsw » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:30 am

Good job, Alisa - not an easy one though :)

irussphone

NO GEO FENCING!

Post by irussphone » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:01 pm

Also why I bought Zino...no Geo-Fencing...already enough government interference in my life :)

akifoktar

Post by akifoktar » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:45 pm

Thank you for updates ailsa. As i said I would love quickshot selfie modes like dji's. And it adds value to zino a lot

Hubsan-Ailsa

Post by Hubsan-Ailsa » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:21 am

Hello all,

Thanks for all your kindly suggestion

I have forward your suggestion to R&D department.

Now I can confirm that there will support setting the custom RTH height .

irussphone

Post by irussphone » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:09 am

Hubsan-Ailsa wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:21 am
Hello all,

Thanks for all your kindly suggestion

I have forward your suggestion to R&D department.

Now I can confirm that there will support setting the custom RTH height .
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!