Can't pair the controller to the Drone-Solution

me_fb8b1nmgoo

Can't pair the controller to the Drone-Solution

Post by me_fb8b1nmgoo » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:08 am

I just received my Zino a few days ago and after many frustrating attempts I can't pair the controller to the drone. I'm using an iPhone 6 and when I get to the wifi window no Hubsan Zino link shows. I've restarted the drone. Same thing. Restarted the Controller then Drone and vice a versa and same thing.
Is there something I'm not doing or is it the drone?

Andrew

VinceCoetzee

Re: Can't pair the controller to the Drone

Post by VinceCoetzee » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:32 am

me_fb8b1nmgoo wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:08 am
I just received my Zino a few days ago and after many frustrating attempts I can't pair the controller to the drone. I'm using an iPhone 6 and when I get to the wifi window no Hubsan Zino link shows. I've restarted the drone. Same thing. Restarted the Controller then Drone and vice a versa and same thing.
Is there something I'm not doing or is it the drone?

Andrew
I’ve been having exactly the same problem

Check out post “zino not pairing with transmitter”

I’ve listed there everything I’ve been suggested to do by others on this forum. Ailsa should get in touch with you by asking you to send in a video of what the problem is. I’ve done that yesterday so maybe they’ll send me an answer that works. Will let you know if they send me the “ah that’s and easy fix, just do this” answer, and it works.

PS. I’ve even tried dancing around it naked and that didn’t work, so don’t bother

me_fb8b1nmgoo

Post by me_fb8b1nmgoo » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:45 pm

Thank you for replying VinceCoetzee. Sorry to hear your also having the same problem. I've read the responses to your thread and none help in this situation. There is no firmware update that can be applied from a Mac as I have. It has to be some problem with the wifi on the drone surely. Everything else seems to work. It doesn't even show up on the the list. I've sent off a complaint to the retailer I bought from as well. see what they come back with.

Will post to you If I find out anything.

thank you.

ABart

Hubsan-Ailsa

Post by Hubsan-Ailsa » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:08 pm

Hello ABart,

For the issue that the controller can't pari to the Zino ,may I know if you wait for the transmitter led light turn solid then connect the USB cable to the phone?Besides, did there have charging status showed in the APP when you connect the USB cable to your phone?

me_fb8b1nmgoo

Post by me_fb8b1nmgoo » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:17 am

Hello Alisa

Yes I have waited till the LED light was solid on the controller. No there was no charging in the battery status. it was showing 90%. I have tried following the correct steps in a different location and I am getting further now. I can connect and bind but then it looses the connection and I have to start all over again. Is the wifi particularly sensitive on the drone? Its very frustrating to be getting close to working and then it stops.

Thank you though for your suggestions.Any further help would be greatly appreciated

Andrew

woo65

Post by woo65 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:14 am

If your phone is not charging, maybe there is a problem with the cord...

Hubsan-Ailsa

Post by Hubsan-Ailsa » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:30 am

Hello Andrew,

I emailed you for further checking.thanks

VinceCoetzee

Post by VinceCoetzee » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:39 pm

me_fb8b1nmgoo wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:45 pm
Thank you for replying VinceCoetzee. Sorry to hear your also having the same problem. I've read the responses to your thread and none help in this situation. There is no firmware update that can be applied from a Mac as I have. It has to be some problem with the wifi on the drone surely. Everything else seems to work. It doesn't even show up on the the list. I've sent off a complaint to the retailer I bought from as well. see what they come back with.

Will post to you If I find out anything.

thank you.

ABart
Thanks mate, I’ll keep you posted from my end too. We’ll get it sorted

BrettYoung

Post by BrettYoung » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:58 am

Remove your phone completely from any phone case it may be in

You may have to trim a bit of the white rubber part on the Lightning side of the cord to allow better insertion to your phone
Life truly is short and can change in a heartbeat!

Work Sucks!

Mavros777

Post by Mavros777 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:25 am

I have a samsung note 8 and was not getting connections first up and had to restart the drone and controller a few times in random ways to get them connected. I have got the method that works first up every time. Turn on drone, then turn on controller, then start app and go to main screen, then connect the cable. I turn off wifi, bluetooth and close other apps just to ensure the smoothest transmission.