Solution -Lose wifi signal and lose connection

Hubsan-Ailsa

Solution -Lose wifi signal and lose connection

Post by Hubsan-Ailsa » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:28 am

Did you experience lose connection from the drone or lose WiFi signal after the upgrade?

you may not have successfully completed the camera upgrade. You should notice the little red LED flashing rapidly next to the microSD card during the upgrade. The upgrade is completed once the rapid flashing stops. If the upgrade does not complete properly, you may lose connection between the drone and its controller until the upgrade is successfully conducted (or you may notice no WiFi signal from the drone). If you're having problems getting the camera upgrade to start (no rapid flashing LED), then try using a different SD card for the upgrade.Kindly remember to format your SD card to FAT 32.

Do you have any good ideas for this issue?

VinceCoetzee

Re: Solution -Lose wifi signal and lose connection

Post by VinceCoetzee » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:34 am

What micro sd card do you recommend? Because if you suggest using a different card then it might mean that some aren’t compatible with the Zino.

me_88ef3U3VOi

Post by me_88ef3U3VOi » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:01 pm

It must be FAT32. Doesn't matter what size.

I have a Samsung 64GB microsd card but it formats at exFAT on computer.
When I tried using that card the update didn't work.

Used a 16GB card I had formatted for FAT32 and worked!

Arsen

Post by Arsen » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:02 pm

with 64gb sd card updated doesnt work. 32 gb with fat32 works well.

Hubsan-Ailsa

Post by Hubsan-Ailsa » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:13 pm

Hello VinceCoetzee,

Yes,Kindly recommend using 32GB SD card and format to FAT32 to update the IT firmware.

fb_76d73eJwu0

Post by fb_76d73eJwu0 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:40 pm

Hello Ailsa,
The last update I have the problem that I do not always get a wifi connection from the camera. I have shown my son (he is a computer scientist) the problem and he strongly believes it must be a software bug. Please check your last update again! I was so excited about the Zino until now. The updates have to become more secure!

me_52480UHP6w

Post by me_52480UHP6w » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:53 pm

Hi, i have the zino since one Day. I have made All Updates. The camera update although. I have made this with a 64gb sd Card with fat32. The rapid Red Light stopped AT the end of the Update. So, i thought the Update was properly.
So i was happy, but i didnt have a connection from the Controller to the zino. Nothing. No WiFi founded. I have read the whole forum :-) about hours. No solution.
I have made the Updates another one. Nothing. No WiFi.
At least i deleted the 2 New files from the sd Card, the Update files for camera... and surprise the WiFi connection is now. running. I think, i have now the Bad quality camera but the WiFi connection between zino and Controller is running and i can fly. Its much better, than the zino have the camera Update and no WiFi to the Controller and therefore i cannot fly... :-)

me_28b68NLTYo

Post by me_28b68NLTYo » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:25 pm

The update was very easy for me. 1: Zino firmware, 2: gimbal update. 3: cam update For the cam (insert micro sd in pc, right click, select format, select long format complete, and fat32 standard .... Insert the update files in the micro sd. Remove the micro sd, and insert it in the drone off. , start auto update (led on-ff speeady) . the drone after a few minutes stop led light.. Now, off drone, extract micro sd card, and format again the micro sd with the pc in fat32... Put again the sd card in drone. 👍🏼👍🏼
Now the zino its perfectly🙂

ge_8efac33d06

Post by ge_8efac33d06 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:04 pm

If you want to avoid trouble, partition larger SD cards to smaller partitions (less than or equal to 32Gb) for the Zino then windows will allow you to format to FAT32. I partitioned 1 at 8Gb FAT32 and the other partitons with NTFS so the zino ignores the NTFS partitions but you can still store stuff in these partitions without affecting the zino. No connection issues now.

shaawnzee

Post by shaawnzee » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:22 pm

I have had no problems updating the camera with a Samsung evo 128gb card once I figured out the process. It was formatted exfat32 due to the size and I couldnt get it to work.
Once I put it in the drone and let the hubsan software reformat it, I have updated twice without issue. I have pulled pictures and video from the card onto my laptop in between the uogrades without any read or format issues.

Why partition and limit the storage space? That defeats the purpose of a larger card.