Solution -Lose wifi signal and lose connection

ge_8efac33d06

Re: Solution -Lose wifi signal and lose connection

Post by ge_8efac33d06 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:36 pm

shaawnzee wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:22 pm

Why partition and limit the storage space? That defeats the purpose of a larger card.
I used a 128Gb samsung Evo U3 that was formatted by the Zino initially that caused disconnections on many previous flights. I decided to have a small partition for Zino flights realtime recording which are then moved to other partitions after each flying session during downloading to a PC. This has worked for me with no further disconnections.

irussphone

Post by irussphone » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:05 pm

shaawnzee wrote:
I have had no problems updating the camera with a Samsung evo 128gb card once I figured out the process. It was formatted exfat32 due to the size and I couldnt get it to work.
Once I put it in the drone and let the hubsan software reformat it, I have updated twice without issue. I have pulled pictures and video from the card onto my laptop in between the uogrades without any read or format issues.

Why partition and limit the storage space? That defeats the purpose of a larger card.
I used third party software and formatted FAT32 without losing space!
Have cake and eat it too :)
It was Aomei Assistant software...and it was free!

dogstar7

Post by dogstar7 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:58 am

Constant loss of signal is making ZINO impossible to fly
That and the lagging response from the controller inputs
This sloppy game style controller is completely unsuited for a camera drone anyway
Every day I'm more frustrated with Zino
I had such high expectations, all melted away

Hubsan-Ailsa

Post by Hubsan-Ailsa » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:20 am

Hello dogstar7 ,

Thanks for your support of Hubsan Zino

May I know if you the Zino transmitter calibration to solve the lagging response?I email you for further checking the transmiiter lagging response issue.

dogstar7

Post by dogstar7 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:02 am

Hubsan-Ailsa wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:20 am
Hello dogstar7 ,

Thanks for your support of Hubsan Zino

May I know if you the Zino transmitter calibration to solve the lagging response?I email you for further checking the transmiiter lagging response issue.
Transmitter calibration???
Which of the 5 different conflicting directions for calibrating that have been put forward on this forum would you suggest I try THIS TIME?

Pardon me, but I'm busy trying to correct the damage done pulling off the back plate and poking around looking for a "button" while trying to "reset the gimbal" from the instructions I received watching the terribly degraded video you have suggested

I have received so much bad information on the forum that I'm afraid to follow any more suggestions

Gorillaman

Post by Gorillaman » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:37 am

Dogstar7: I feel your pain. The TX Calibration does nothing for connectivity. It did re-align the RTH path for me but also did nothing for sensitivity. Until Hubsan comes out with a TX upgrade we are stuck with it. I know its just my assessment but... I did try flying it with the phone in Flight Mode. So basically WiFi Off... and on the one flight I had where I had a sudden disconnect, it did not do it again. But I will have to test more. There are issues with the Flight logs but that's another story. Bottom line... the Zino was released 6 months to early. and unfortunately we as consumers are forced into being Beta Testers. I guess Hubsan just did not have the money or backing to do what they should have. Its an alright drone but not market ready yet.

fb_e78f3wGZjc

Post by fb_e78f3wGZjc » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:41 pm

shaawnzee wrote:
I have had no problems updating the camera with a Samsung evo 128gb card once I figured out the process. It was formatted exfat32 due to the size and I couldnt get it to work.
Once I put it in the drone and let the hubsan software reformat it, I have updated twice without issue. I have pulled pictures and video from the card onto my laptop in between the uogrades without any read or format issues.

explain to us how did you format the zino software :geek: -and let the hubsan software reformat it- :shock:

dogstar7

Post by dogstar7 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:48 pm

Gorillaman wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:37 am
Bottom line... the Zino was released 6 months to early. and unfortunately we as consumers are forced into being Beta Testers. I guess Hubsan just did not have the money or backing to do what they should have. Its an alright drone but not market ready yet.
I agree 100%
I strongly suggest Hubsan come out soon with a pro style TX, something like H906A without the FPV screen

PeaUK

Post by PeaUK » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:19 pm

Hubsan are indirectly saying the problem you are experiencing is due to user error (if YOU updated the camera firmware correctly then this problem would not happen).

drone fliers should not HAVE to be computer experts. why is the firmware is updating system/method so complicated?

why can't the app automatically update the firmware wirelessly and by itself?

If the firmware automatically and wirelessly updated itself every time the app is connected to the drone, then there would be less (zero) chance of user error and there would be less unhappy users/customers.
Pea
(YouTube: Pea's Kites & Drones)

501Pete

Post by 501Pete » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:14 am

PeaUK wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:19 pm

drone fliers should not HAVE to be computer experts. why is the firmware is updating system/method so complicated?
Complicated?
I can't think of anything much simpler :o
PeaUK wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:19 pm

why can't the app automatically update the firmware wirelessly and by itself?

If the firmware automatically and wirelessly updated itself every time the app is connected to the drone, then there would be less (zero) chance of user error and there would be less unhappy users/customers.
Because firstly the 3 subsystems are not connected. You can't flash firmware that you have no connectivity to.
To link them would require a new release of hardware.
It would then need all the supporting structure to download, verify and flash firmware in a controlled manner.
Look at the complaints with DJI where you're stuck not being able to fly because it HAS to have a firmware change, you're out in a field with sketchy network connection, and the download is taking a couple of hours ;)

And look what happens when people let their X Hubsan app auto update.
At least if you turn the auto update off, you have a choice when where and if you want it to change AFTER you get a chance to read the release notes, wait for user feedback or try it in a sandbox...

KISS is always the best option IMHO