elf file

me_3894dpwLeC

elf file

Post by me_3894dpwLeC » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:17 am

can someone tell me what this file is and does it need to be copied to the sd card when updating?

fb_43b9ftbKWM

Re: elf file

Post by fb_43b9ftbKWM » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:41 am

Apparently on various Action Cams that are based on Ambarella chips (like the camera chip in the Zino) the elf file can be used to flash the firmware via a USB connection with a computer using a special software tool. This process is usually reserved to recover a camera that has been "bricked". (perhaps due to a regular firmware update attempt that has somehow gone wrong)

However, it does not seem the Zino's camera hardware has a dedicated USB port hidden somewhere, does it?

DonHeintz

Post by DonHeintz » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:23 am

The update for the camera is an elf file. They say to install it on the SD card to update the camera. It also said that once the camera is updated you are to delete that file on the SD card or it will update every time you turn the Zino on.

peterkng

Post by peterkng » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:46 am

DonHeintz wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:23 am
The update for the camera is an elf file. They say to install it on the SD card to update the camera. It also said that once the camera is updated you are to delete that file on the SD card or it will update every time you turn the Zino on.
Bullshit, the only files you put on the SD Card are the AmbaSysFW.bin and the Asd_md5.bin files.

The elf file is used when using a flashing tool as said by fb_43b9ftbKWM

The camera flash files are probably provided to Hubsan by Ambarella who include both SD bin files and the USB utility files as they have multiple manufactures using their chips in different cameras.

knet

Post by knet » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:02 am

the same question.....

https://forum.hubsan.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1345&start=10

DonHeintz

Post by DonHeintz » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:07 am

peterkng wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:46 am
DonHeintz wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:23 am
Bullshit, the only files you put on the SD Card are the AmbaSysFW.bin and the Asd_md5.bin files.

The elf file is used when using a flashing tool as said by fb_43b9ftbKWM

The camera flash files are probably provided to Hubsan by Ambarella who include both SD bin files and the USB utility files as they have multiple manufactures using their chips in different cameras.
Sorry about that I looked at the update file and saw the elf file and jumped the gun You are right the elf file in not used. I don't know why they put it in the update.

peterkng

Post by peterkng » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:16 am

Sorry about that I looked at the update file and saw the elf file and jumped the gun You are right the elf file in not used. I don't know why they put it in the update.
Hubsan just probably include what Ambarella gave them :D

Hubsan-Ailsa

Post by Hubsan-Ailsa » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:59 am

Hello peterkng ,

Thanks for your kindly suggestion

Yes,just put the AmbaSysFW.bin and the Asd_md5.bin files on the SD Card to update will be fine.

We will delete this ELF file in Zino firmware as soon as possible