What a piece...

me_157abXgZCo

What a piece...

Post by me_157abXgZCo » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:06 am

...of [edited]!!
My points so far (beside the long wait):
- comes without SD card (ok, minor point)
- calibration procedure was „ok“ - I think the help within the app is quite ok, but you do not really know, if it is really „good GPS“, when your phone and Zino are „within 4m“...?
- first start: hovering ok, but since „gimbal protection error“, I landed and did a re-start of the complete system
- second start: gimbal error gone, but after lift-off suddenly VERY fast movement sidewards, gave some height to gain more safety distance/maybe help GPS signal. Did not help, Zino went with max speed side- and downways, and crashed into a bush, somehow entangled.
- Rotors did not stop (why, even my tiny little Mark drone from HoghGreat recognizes such situations?!) so they got some further damage

Ok, what now, Hubsan?
I bet, you will only ask „did you update?“. I will counter ask:
- how to do this with macOS?!?
- why not make firstly the flying secure before shipping? Camera functions, quality and so on, THAT is ok for „fixing in the field“ but not the general, unit-damaging flight behavior!

Hope you will find a solution, and a compensation for first waiting so long, and then loosing the drone....
Last edited by me_157abXgZCo on Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

me_9a52c9vU8W

Re: What a piece...

Post by me_9a52c9vU8W » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:56 am

man.....just update it, its quite annoying seeing these guys with issues that dont want to put effort into it

me_157abXgZCo

Post by me_157abXgZCo » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:04 pm

me_9a52c9vU8W wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:56 am
man.....just update it, its quite annoying ...
Just read my post :roll: ... or point me to the updater for macOS, if I missed that one...
Cheers

PowerPhoto

Post by PowerPhoto » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:25 pm

me_157abXgZCo wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:04 pm
me_9a52c9vU8W wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:56 am
man.....just update it, its quite annoying ...
Just read my post :roll: ... or point me to the updater for macOS, if I missed that one...
Cheers
https://forum.hubsan.com/viewtopic.php?t=1157

akifoktar

Post by akifoktar » Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:20 pm

1-No drone company put sd card. even if you buy a 5k dollars drone. also you bought it for 340usd
2- Even mavic 2 has gimbal problems and this is a new drone many problems fixing. you alreday know that before buy.
3 hubsan doesnt have to make update program for every system. they did for the most common system that is windows. you can find a windows everywhere and update. i am using linux. but i dont cry for a linux update program.
4- many zinos flying safely. nevertheless it s a new drone perhaps has many bug inside. wait for fixes and help hubsan for fixing and fly very careful.
come on guys you are acting like a crying children.

isldoors

Post by isldoors » Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:17 pm

So we should buy a windows computer so we can do the update BULL SHIT they should have never sent the zino out until it was ready.
I only have a Mac OS .So when they set up the app for the zino it was only set up for i phone at the beginning then android so why would they not have firmware work on Mac OS. Get your shit together Hubsan.

akifoktar

Post by akifoktar » Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:29 pm

Okay my friend. İf you have problems with understanding i can tell as your level.
1- you dont have to buy a windows pc. Look around dont you have friends? Cyber cafe? You can find a windows pc around you. You dont need to own it. Ask it for use for 15 minutes. İ m sure everybody will help you. Update your zino as instructions. İt takes max 15 mins. After finish say thank you to owner of windows pc. Yes your zino updated.
2- companies dont have to make update tools for macos. Because it not most common system. You can move to a brand which have update tool for macos

MrDronenut

Post by MrDronenut » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:16 pm

Every public library has a row of computers,almost all Windows.
Also,Zino "taking off in .......direstion is a Bad,very bad,compass calibration. A compass calibration is done outside,away from any metal. Not in a driveway,which probably has rebar in it. Or on your pool area. Rebar again.
Also,any quad has to be level upon t/o. For it to set the "IMU",it,and any quad,must be level.
Did you do a "horizontal" calibration? RTFM for these things.
If thousands of people have a Zino and fly it w/o problems.........you are logically doing something wrong.
Take a step back,stop being so mad at the quad,lay the blame where it belongs. You know who that is.

Gorillaman

Post by Gorillaman » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:07 pm

me_157abXgZCo :

I feel your frustration. When all you want to do is use the craft as intended and you feel like you have to jump through hoops to even get started.

Been there... done that. At some point it just is not worth it. It either works for you or it does not. I am sure things will get better but probably later than sooner.

I have been after Hubsan for a few years now to streamline their update procedure but as you can tell it is still a little archaic (similar to their Customer Service process). Hang in there... walk away for a few days... I hope things get sorted out for you.

;)

bsonic31

Post by bsonic31 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:08 am

LMFAO , LMFAO OVER AND OVER...DO WHAT I DID SELL IT AND GO GET A MAVIC AIR. TRUST ME YOU WILL BE HAPPY YOU DID...ALL THESE ACES OUT THERE THAT SAY THERE NOT HAVING ANY PROBLEMS THERE FULL OF SHIT