Got all my Android devices working with the Zino

peterkng

Got all my Android devices working with the Zino

Post by peterkng » Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:29 am

OK after testing my Zino with all the Android devices in my house nothing would connect except my tablet running 6.0. This was a pain to fly with, too big for cradle on transmitter so I went back to the drawing board and tried to get it to work on my wifes phone 5.1.1 and up popped a message do you want to enable USB debugging so I enabled the debugging and her phone connected. Her phone is older and less speced than mine so?

So after playing with my daughters phone a newer 5.1 than the wifes and it connected I went back to my own phone an OPPO running Color OS 3.0 (Android 5.1) I have been able to connect every device in our household now even an old ZTE I use as a bike GPS and speedo.

The Secret. :roll:

Setup your phone up as per below;
Turn off WiFi (Do not connect to the Hubsan_Zino_XXXXXX network otherwise you just use the phone as a stand alone controller)
Enable OTG
Turn on USB debugging

Order to connect.

Turn on Zino
Turn on Transmitter
Start the X-Hubsan App on the phone
Lastly plug cable into transmitter from phone.

Answer any USB popup messages from phone e.g. use USB for charging etc..

After a few seconds to a minute the phone will connect to the transmitter and zino.

Voyagerdoc

Re: Got all my Android devices working with the Zino

Post by Voyagerdoc » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:03 am

But on the hubsan's android connection tutorial is said to be wifi as an option. The USB cable's purpose is only for battery charge for android connection. And the connection option says you should select wifi. I don't understand this point. If connection is made with wifi, the short distance will fly. But when we connect with cable how can we fly? Cause we selected "charge only" selection. I'm confused.

this is their suggestion: https://www.hubsan.com/support/files/products/ZINO/ct/connectTutorial.pdf?fbclid=IwAR2HwjhWw4ToJIvbKo6H9kN1ofsfTK0BGWS5HJknitfcLHMHLpwV7i_BZpo

peterkng

Post by peterkng » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:38 am

No the WiFI option is for how the transmitter connects to the quad not the phone see page 10 of the connection guide. If you connect the phone via WiFi you are flying phone alone no transmitter boost, range will be about 200m.
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (46.06 KiB) Viewed 2388 times

MrDronenut

Post by MrDronenut » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:37 pm

peterkng wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:38 am
No the WiFI option is for how the transmitter connects to the quad not the phone see page 10 of the connection guide. If you connect the phone via WiFi you are flying phone alone no transmitter boost, range will be about 200m.
Correct. The manual is so so vague. But,do not,I repeat,Do Not,connect to the WiFi. Turn off the WiFi on your phone

me_3f362lPSzX

Post by me_3f362lPSzX » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:08 pm

peterkng wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:29 am
OK after testing my Zino with all the Android devices in my house nothing would connect except my tablet running 6.0. This was a pain to fly with, too big for cradle on transmitter so I went back to the drawing board and tried to get it to work on my wifes phone 5.1.1 and up popped a message do you want to enable USB debugging so I enabled the debugging and her phone connected. Her phone is older and less speced than mine so?

So after playing with my daughters phone a newer 5.1 than the wifes and it connected I went back to my own phone an OPPO running Color OS 3.0 (Android 5.1) I have been able to connect every device in our household now even an old ZTE I use as a bike GPS and speedo.

The Secret. :roll:

Setup your phone up as per below;
Turn off WiFi (Do not connect to the Hubsan_Zino_XXXXXX network otherwise you just use the phone as a stand alone controller)
Enable OTG
Turn on USB debugging

Order to connect.

Turn on Zino
Turn on Transmitter
Start the X-Hubsan App on the phone
Lastly plug cable into transmitter from phone.

Answer any USB popup messages from phone e.g. use USB for charging etc..

After a few seconds to a minute the phone will connect to the transmitter and zino.
I found that the best way to turn it on is:
1)Controller
2)Plug in USB and wait for App to start
3)Turn on Zino
4)Wait for it to connect
5)Fly and discover more problems :lol:

knet

Post by knet » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:00 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :D

me_3f362lPSzX

Post by me_3f362lPSzX » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:17 am

Now I've found another way of starting up:
1) App
2) Connect USB to Phone (Android)
3) Controller
4) Drone, wait for it to pair.
:roll:

diet01109

Post by diet01109 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:01 pm

I also think that's the best way.
If the app is started automatically by the RC, an App ReStart is usually required for a successful connection.