Post by marmourjr » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:49 pm

dogstar7 wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:38 am
Hubsan-Ailsa wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:38 am
Dear Magnum1956PMQ ,

The firmware only work for Windows at present
Imagine my disappointment. Probably useless to ask when *sigh*
You can use VMare VM machine and put windows on the mac to run parallel and update.

ECA77

Re: Zino Latest firmware

Post by ECA77 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:18 pm

Funny how the App works best on Apple products, but they need a Windows computer to update...

dogstar7

Post by dogstar7 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:11 pm

Ummm... After reading some of the posts regarding issues related to installing the new upgrades, I think I'ma gonna hold off and wait until a full-fledged Mac OS patch comes out before attempting the upgrades, thankyouverymuch :shock: :o :?
Attachments
landscape-1467907206-george-takei-sulu-star-trek.jpg
landscape-1467907206-george-takei-sulu-star-trek.jpg (33.48 KiB) Viewed 3193 times

Magnum1956PMQ

Post by Magnum1956PMQ » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:33 am

Hello, I managed to update the firmware of ZINO on my I-MAC, through the installation of VMWARE FUSION virtual machine in test mode 30 days free.
A bit of trouble to connect the ZINO USB on this VM, but by clicking a few USB connection parameters, I saw it appear and I started the update, as indicated in the video, step by step step.
(Very Important: at the end, when you copy the files for the camera, in the video we see 2 files, but there is a third one which must also be copied on the MicroSD, then erase the 3 after the update. day)

WARNING:
The update files have been changed since yesterday!
Repeat the download on the HUBSAN website.

The ZINO looks softer to maneuver, the camera wheel is more progressive too, the settings are now accessible and editable. (Note: you have to switch to "video" to change the video settings).

I only have to test all this in flight .... I will give you my final opinion afterwards.
Good flight to all

Attachments
Capture d’écran 2018-12-11 à 11.21.22.jpg
Capture d’écran 2018-12-11 à 11.21.22.jpg (71.32 KiB) Viewed 3134 times

dogstar7

Post by dogstar7 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:26 am

Thank you but no
I'm not installing any 3rd party software on my Mac just to download upgrades for my drone
I'm not in that big of a hurry
I just want Hubsan to know that - once again - they are disappointing a customer who is promoting their product faithfully over social media
I am willing and anxious to report to my audience how the new upgrades perform when installed using the patches they develop for use with the Mac OS
My audience would be very interested in a trouble free upgrade using their Mac's
It's not very hard to imagine that Mac OS is popular with high end users
As soon as Hubsan steps up and creates a launcher for Mac OS I will be more than happy to use it and so would my audience on social media

Fritzz

Post by Fritzz » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:18 am

Magnum1956PMQ wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:33 am
WARNING:
The update files have been changed since yesterday!
Repeat the download on the HUBSAN website.
Hi Magnum,
I compared the first download and the actual now. I see no difference.
Who told you to use the third file (Zino_IT_V0.2.1.ub25.elf) , which is not into the Folder "SD card firmware upgrading file" ?
I think, it is not needed at the sd card for update?!

irussphone

Post by irussphone » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:37 am

1533304278754eD wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:17 am
Us can kindly check that the firmware upgrade file for HT016B transmitter are not present in firmware.zip file downloaded and unzipped, but is mentioned in Change Log document:

Screenphoto3.png

Screenphoto4.png
I'm at work so I can't check mine that I upgraded last night and didn't notice about the Transmitter...check your Transmitter version in the Hubsan app to see if it did the upgrade along with the first (no battery) update. Also, I got a notice to update my Hubsan App last night too and I did that also, in case that may have an effect.

Magnum1956PMQ

Post by Magnum1956PMQ » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:53 am

Thank you Ailsa.
However, the VMWARE solution is a PROVISIONAL solution, and expensive beyond 30 days. It was an emergency solution for MacOs owners.
It is understood that we expect HUBSAN to carry out an "upgradeTool" for MAC, because many people will not know how to install and use VMWARE. This is a minimum in 2018 for the 2 most common systems in the world !!

Magnum1956PMQ

Post by Magnum1956PMQ » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:03 am

I come back from 2 flights with 2 batteries after updating the FIRMWARE.
Many problems have been solved, the ZINO is a little softer to drive, it is more stable and the camera control wheel is more progressive, with a slight inertia.
I used all modes of smart flights, except 2 that are not operational (in creative video: "Fly to the sky" and "Photography in orbit"), all other modes work correctly (on IOS). The target tracking mode works well too, but it is limited to 15m distance, which is short!
The button to review his videos or photos is still not active.
The settings of "feel" operations "virtual joysticks are not accessible connected device, we can not see the virtual joysticks either.
Everything else works and well.

JoeJoe

Post by JoeJoe » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:22 pm

I was able to update the firmware on my Zino using the tutorial video. It took a few tries and move gimbal file manually to the gimble tool folder, but it worked. I used my old Laptop with Win 7 (don't laugh :lol: ) I've got two other PC's for gaming, with Win 10.
In this order
Flight control FC (Zino_FC_V1.0.43.hbs)
gimble fw (ZINO_G_V3.0.2.1.bbl)
camera/SD card firmware FW (Zino_IT_V0.2.1.ub25.elf)
When you open camera firmware it also calls it SD card firmware. In that folder you have to copy the 2 files to a SD card my first SD card did not work it was SP micro SD XC Elite 64 G
my second card worked it was a Samsung 32 G Evo select HC
The new updated firmware did a speed check on the memory card. PASSED
I hope this info. helps
I still need to perform a test flight.
The pilot is the obstacle avoidance feature :ugeek: