Sorry... I had to do it.

Gorillaman

Sorry... I had to do it.

Post by Gorillaman » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:53 pm

I have tried for over a month now (since I got it) to communicate effectively with Hubsan. I have had issues, been promised replacements and been chasing the carrot for some time. Enough already.

Here she will rest until the air clears... It's just too unpredictable , unreliable and the possibilities of liability are endless... or until FC 2.0 comes out

:roll:

shuvlhed

Re: Sorry... I had to do it.

Post by shuvlhed » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:32 pm

Sad to say mine is on a shelf too,. I hope eventually Hubsan gets the firmware issues figured out. Been following this forum for some time now and unfortunately it seems many people are still having issues. Possibly the quad was released to early and many of us are now experiencing the Hubsan Zino's growing pains.

me_3894dpwLeC

Post by me_3894dpwLeC » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:39 pm

im going one step further and demanding my money back. its not fit for purpose and no where on the hubsan website doest it state the possibilities of failure.

DonHeintz

Post by DonHeintz » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:37 pm

The weather in Eastern PA has caused me to shelf mine. Last flights I did were disasters with uncontrollable flying. I think my problem might have been that even though I was in an open field at a RC flying field I calibrated it over a table that had a sheet of metal as a table top. When I got home I recalibrated it in my backyard and it flew fine. I have had both experiences with this drone too may times and I can't figure it out. I also have a Hubsan H109S Professional and a DJI Mavic Pro and have never had problems flying them. I was amazed at how easy the Zino was to fly when I took it out of the box back in the beginning of November and how stable it was and then the firmware updates started to come out V 43, 44, 45, and 46 and it turned into a jekyll and hyde drone with me never knowing which drone I had each time I flew it. The first time I flew it, it returned to home exactly where it took off. I have never had that experience since. One day I had a great flight but when I hit return to home it was off by 20 feet and crash landed. It kept asking me to recalibrate it after that and then had three flights that went crazy in different directions and crash landings. The last flight that day I almost lost it and only found it by seeing the video as it crash landed and then tracking it with the Wi-Fi signal. I probably won't be able to fly it again for a couple of months now till it warms up. So I haven't tried the latest updates V 47 and camera V0.3.4.

Gorillaman

Post by Gorillaman » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:25 pm

Don: I love the Jekyll & Hyde analogy... Can I use it? ... It's Awesome... Nail on the head visual. I know a few owners that never updated from the day they got it and have had way more success than those that updated. Someone must be feeding Hubsan a load of something???

I am sure the Zino will get better... but til then I'll keep it as a part of History and an expensive lesson learned (as I cant get hold of Hubsan to return/replace anything).

With the X8 now coming out and other innovations with Autel and others... pricing will drop and Hubsan will be left behind. Dont fault me for my opinions , its just an inevitable conclusion. I hope Hubsan the best I really do but I'm not a betting man and wouldnt take the gamble.

FelipeChief

Post by FelipeChief » Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:37 pm

Gorillaman wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:25 pm
Don: I love the Jekyll & Hyde analogy... Can I use it? ... It's Awesome... Nail on the head visual. I know a few owners that never updated from the day they got it and have had way more success than those that updated. Someone must be feeding Hubsan a load of something???

I am sure the Zino will get better... but til then I'll keep it as a part of History and an expensive lesson learned (as I cant get hold of Hubsan to return/replace anything).

With the X8 now coming out and other innovations with Autel and others... pricing will drop and Hubsan will be left behind. Dont fault me for my opinions , its just an inevitable conclusion. I hope Hubsan the best I really do but I'm not a betting man and wouldnt take the gamble.
The Fimi X8 is terrible, it has no fan and they report overheating of the motherboard and motors, in addition to poor stability and the worst that the camera does not keep the horizon level, my zino 2 so far has flown excellently and seeing the opinions it has not I think update to the new firmware version.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asTXAhpwa88[/youtube]

me_bd965J5nBi

Post by me_bd965J5nBi » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:42 pm

Hello all ..im new to the forum here but tell me about the ZINO......how long have you had these units before the start giving problems? I have heard alot of storys about flying out of control and flying by themselves and ALOT OF FLY AWAYS?
The reason i asked is because i own a ZINO ..I bought this drone used and ( knock on wood) i havenet had the first issue with it..My ZINO flies exceptionally well it will go a pretty good distance..the batteries last around 20 minutes or so each and all and all it is a great drone...iim thinking about getting the ZINO PRO PLUS OR THE ZINO PRO or whatever the newest one is called...should i be worried?

me_3984f83Mmo

Post by me_3984f83Mmo » Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:21 am

Yes, I've just passed 11km and 11 flights with my pro all in cold weather and moderate winds and can say, had no issues so far, touch wood.

me_7d914Rl5k6

Post by me_7d914Rl5k6 » Mon May 31, 2021 12:33 am

Hey all! I'm new here, new to the hobby in general actually. I bought the 2+ may 1 and it's all ready destroyed. Lost signal about 100 meters out and it took off like a bat out of hell and flew straight to the ground at about 40 mph. 200 feet up. I don't know why this happened and I honestly don't feel like it was anything I'd done which makes it harder to swallow. So mine will be on the shelf also, armless and half the drone it once was (literally). I think hubsan should put in play some sort of insurance plan, cause I'm out for a while now and that sucks.
Chad B.