501s motors mounted crooked

mikroll

501s motors mounted crooked

Post by mikroll » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:52 am

I have just bought new 501s , which I am preparing .so far everything has gone ok. cal ok, GPS finds sats, battery charged, connects with standard tx ok. video and card works. have not yet attached the props. Now I can see (pictured) that motors in the "B" arms are NOT mounted in exact center of the motor cup but are cocked off center and one nearly touches the plastic cup. My question , is this ok? can I attach the props and continue to next step , FLY? Or do I need to do anything. the box and 501s-s has a sticker indication manufacture around 12- 2017, V2.1.29 FC V1.1.41 .

justjarhead

Re: 501s motors mounted crooked

Post by justjarhead » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:02 am

mikroll wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:52 am
I have just bought new 501s , which I am preparing .so far everything has gone ok. cal ok, GPS finds sats, battery charged, connects with standard tx ok. video and card works. have not yet attached the props. Now I can see (pictured) that motors in the "B" arms are NOT mounted in exact center of the motor cup but are cocked off center and one nearly touches the plastic cup. My question , is this ok? can I attach the props and continue to next step , FLY? Or do I need to do anything. the box and 501s-s has a sticker indication manufacture around 12- 2017, V2.1.29 FC V1.1.41 .
This is normal. They are offset to compensate for the motor balance.

mikroll

Post by mikroll » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:25 am

Thanks justjarhead. Mounted props and flew !!! Three great careful “flights” over house. This is a wonderfull machine. Everything is working as described. One motor makes a “clicking” sound and do not know if it is anything to worry about as all flights are going well. Love it!

justjarhead

Post by justjarhead » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:52 pm

mikroll wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:25 am
Thanks justjarhead. Mounted props and flew !!! Three great careful “flights” over house. This is a wonderful machine. Everything is working as described. One motor makes a “clicking” sound and do not know if it is anything to worry about as all flights are going well. Love it!
Clicking noises are normal out of the brushless motors.

Periodically check motor that is clicking for shaft wobble and excessive heat as compared to other motors but I have seen the clicking noise comment numerous times here and other forums.