throttle on full

zombie

throttle on full

Post by zombie » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:26 am

Hi can anyone give a little guidance pls.
I received a hubsan 501s x 4 for my birthday and tried to set it up.
I went through all the calibrations etc.....but could not get the motors to arm or the gps to work .
After a little investigation the motors armed if I turned the gps off in the settings??
That said I was indoors and after fixing the propeller's armed the motors...…...wow!!!! what a shock ….the throttle on elevation is fixed in full when in the centre and the drone slammed into the ceiling with no warning...…..I had to grab the drone in shock as it was glued on full throttle to the ceiling.
On pushing the throttle down the props slowed but in central sprung position (idle?) full throttle engaged.

How do I stop the throttle from being on full in central position??….any help would be really appreciated....all new to me this....

One step at a time I think.....

emelin

Re: throttle on full

Post by emelin » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:03 am

See the topic HT011A no rotation in the same section.
1. stick calibration explain on the topic
2. if stick calibration does not work, the stick is probably defective (bad or broken connection or soldering)

zombie

Post by zombie » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:28 am

thank you......I will try after work tonight......the product is brand new though and packaged very well...…...would be disappointing if it is a defect...

Has anyone else had this issue?

emelin

Post by emelin » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:14 am

Make stick calibration for the adapted and right transmitter. There may be differences between transmitters.
Good luck.

justjarhead

Post by justjarhead » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:25 am

If flying with the H901A, or the H906A, ( both have built in LCD displays, one is squarish (901a) and other is more rectangular (H906a)make sure in Menu settings that you are not set to manual mode. GPS should be on and required.

This is not inside toy!

Do you ever get GPS readings n your controller? You will not get Quad GPS readings indoorsin most cases so don't try. You need to be outside for them to read based on hubsan design.

1) So Turn back on require GPS in the Menu.

2) Go outside and let quad sit for up to 5 minutes try to gather 6 or more satellites (Or more) before arming the motors. ( after the quad sees GPS satellites for the first times it takes less time. Satellite information is stored in memory backed up bu a coin cell battery that if the H501-s sits for awhile it needs time to acquire satellites until the coin battery charges.

3) Once you have 6+ Quad satellites the motors should arm properly and spin at a slow speed thus not trying to fly until you apply elevator stick.( In manual mode at center position elevator stick is at 60% power)
If you want to hear motors run take off props indoors. It is too big to fly in a house any way.

If no GPS reading after 5+ minutes in a clear area Quad is forced into manual mode and you may in fact have a bad GPS module in your H501-S

The best advice is to go up on youtube and watch videos of setting up an flying the H501-s( many to pick from) and RTFM

justjarhead

Post by justjarhead » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:58 am

emelin wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:14 am
Make stick calibration for the adapted and right transmitter. There may be differences between transmitters.
Good luck.
emelin stick with what you know!.

zombie

Post by zombie » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:05 am

thank you very much...

was frightening when it ripped up to the ceiling on high revs.....(probably 60% like you say...((o; )

Would not give me gps indoors or fire motors so that was why I turned GPS off...will try outside as you say …….with props off!!!....would lose it if it shot off again...ha ha ha